How long should it take?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markap12013

Hi - At the end of Feb we placed a deposit on a 2018 View 24D with some options so it needed to be ordered from the factory (The similarly optioned one on the lot was sold as we were looking at it).  I just heard today to not expect the unit to arrive in Virginia until mid June.  This seems a bit long to me and we were already scheduled to visit family leaving June 12 expecting to take the MH for the trip.

I realize these are boom times in the RV industry but is this interval between deposit and delivery normal?  What have your experiences been?

Thanks,
Mark

That sounds like about normal delivery time. Perhaps it can be expedited. I would check with both the dealer and Winnebago.

Did the salesman give you a timeframe for delivery?  If he reneged, then ask for your money back and go elsewhere.
What are you going to do if it ends up to be mid July?

We've ordered two different units over the years (from the same dealership but different manufacturers) and they each took a bout 8 weeks. I imagine this could vary greatly across the manufacturers, though.

Two Winnebago class C (2016 Spirit-2018 Minnie Winnie); quoted 9-10 weeks both times and came in 7-8 weeks both times.  Good policy; under promise, over deliver.

Delivery distance probably was a factor though.  Dealership 1 mile to the factory.

Edit: One ordered in November and one ordered in May.

I would  be happy that my new RV wouldn't be driven on salted roads while being delivered.

We ordered our 17 Navion J locally in Colorado on 15 April 2016 and signed off on the Factory Order (from Winnebago to the dealer to ensure we were satisfied with the specs) on April 26th.  Unit was delivered to Colorado last week in June.  We had standard options except for having it sent to HWH for leveling jack installs.  Often it depends on how many lines Winnebago has running, whether your options are standard or deviations, and of course on parts delivery and how healthy the workforce remains.  Lots of variables but if in doubt call the factory (your order signoff should have the VIN on it).  Be sure you have plenty of solar panels installed for the new compressor refrigerator unless you always plan on camping in rv parks.  My understanding is the Refrig does not run on propane for the D model.  Normally you will want plenty of time to learn the operation of the various components and be able to get warranty work done as soon as possible.  So your timeframe to take off with the new rig really would not allow that.  I am seeing many 18 D owners on the Yahoo User Group View-Navion so you might want to pick their brains on warranty issues and lessons learned to help you out.  I hope you enjoy it.  We enjoy our 17 Navion J and lucked out with zero warranty issues.  Happy camping!

Added a bunch of options to it and it should leave the factory May 31.  I figure about 3 days to get to Northern Virginia so hoping to get it around June 5 or so.  Looking forward to taking it on a trip and then will probably have to drop it off (for the rest of the summer??) for inevitable warranty items

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom