cold air intake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlmgcamp

I put a K&N replacement air filter in my 2004 Tacoma and seemed to notice a slight improvement in performance.  I base this on when the truck came out of OD while on cruise control on the hill I climb every day to go to work.  Swapped filters back and forth over a couple of weeks and I could consistently go a little farther up the hill with the K&N.  I now have a 2014 4Runner and am thinking about the K&N cold air intake.  Its a lot more bucks so I am wondering if anybody can give me some honest feedback on if it will justify the cost.

I have seen much argument over the K&N Filters and used one on a car. Likewise I feel it made a SLIGHT imnprovement in performance.

THe argument against it is that the filter is not as effective at small size particulate grit (larger Pores if you like)

Countering that is personal experience (No evidence of "Grit" damage to engine it was used on)
ANd my brother's dirt bike work (likewise no evidence of grit damage)

Of course this does not mean it can happen.

I would not be afraid to use a K&N on a vehicle where the engine is easily changed.. I will stick with OEM on my Motor home though, that's a few thousand in labor to swap engines,.

Back
Top Bottom