You got mice??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Not an RV owner-- yet, but given what I've witnessed with family members that do own an RV I'm wondering how much of a problem folks have with mice getting inside. We had a pop-up stored here over winter and the mice all but ruined the interior.

Another family member has a very nice 5th wheel trailer and despite his very meticulous efforts to keep mice out-- crawling around in/out/under and sealing what would seem to be every conceivable entry point-- they've still had issues with both mice and red squirrels. The little $&@#$!  even get in my full sized diesel pick up!

Are mice just a problem most owners have to deal with?

Try the Search button above and you'll find numerous prior discussions on the subject of mice and prevention.

Funny you should post this today.  Just checked our fifth wheel and there is mouse droppings on the counter.  And they chewed holes in BOTH kitchen towels!  I paid a dollar a piece for those!  So,gonna get some traps and do a good cleaning before we go any where.  Ugh!

Do as Tom suggested. There is a ton of info available. None of which is a 100% cure. Make sure you have enough adult beverages or coffee/soda on hand. You're going to be reading a while.
All of us who store RVs during our off season deal with it.
After many years of dealing with field mice, I've resorted to the good old snap trap. The little buggers just can't resist peanut butter.
A bit on the messy side, but better than the damage they can do.

Yes it is a common problem. What I've found and very effective is using a bucket trap. Use antifreeze as the fluid. Just make sure you keep it away from domestic animals. The antifreeze sort of embalms them so no need to remove them from the bucket till spring. Google mouse bucket trap. There are several ways to build one but they all work.  Use plenty of peanut butter towards the center of the roll. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gve7VbsbgFU

SeilerBird said:
I have never seen a mouse or mouse droppings in my RV. I have three cats. End of story.

You are one lucky "dog"!  ;)
If I left my Himalayan  kitty in charge of the TT during the winter months, there would be hell to pay come spring!
Something to do about not having any thumbs to hold a cell phone and dialing 911.

Back
Top Bottom