Getting Gas/ Fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Hi All! We are less than a week away from our first big trip with our 31 Foot Coachman Leprechaun. I have a question for the board. I read somewhere that while I?m filling up at the gas station that I need to turn off the refrigerator and close the main propane valve as well. They said this is to avoid any Fumes coming into contact with the pilot light on the refrigerator. Is there any truth to this? Do I need to take these precautions or any other precautions while filling up at a gas station? Thank you in advance for your kind replies.

Mike

ditsjets7 said:
Hi All! We are less than a week away from our first big trip with our 31 Foot Coachman Leprechaun. I have a question for the board. I read somewhere that while I?m filling up at the gas station that I need to turn off the refrigerator and close the main propane valve as well. They said this is to avoid any Fumes coming into contact with the pilot light on the refrigerator. Is there any truth to this? Do I need to take these precautions or any other precautions while filling up at a gas station? Thank you in advance for your kind replies.

Mike

Just shutoff the fridge

We have not done either of these things, although we have a TT.

There has been a post on this subject recently with a variety of answers.....

If you are running the fridge, water heater, or furnace on propane, it's generally accepted that one should shut those appliances off. Not only do you not want a flame burning, but also don't want the DSI sparking away. Some follow the recommendation, and some don't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom