Starting back into the RV world!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurie J

First time I've used the RV Forum so forgive me if it's not in the right category. We had a brand new 2007 Jayco Greyhawk that we loved. Never any issues. Life changed and we sold in 2012. Now I've convinced the "old guy" we need a little Class C, 25 foot or under. It must fit 50 pound dog , 2 grand kids,(not at all times, but they want to sleep "up top")and  a Oxygen Concentrator. It is under 30 pounds. Internet hours and visits to dealer's,  I've narrowed it down. Love the curved dinette, Table can be taken out, so it opens up the area even more. So, a front slide is not as necessary. A queen bed, that does not have to be made up every night. so I'm looking at one on a side slide, or rear slide. No corner bed. Thoughts on Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22M/ Or Spirit 22M. What is the difference? I'm having difficulty figuring it out. One made a bit better? I love the Jayco Redhawk 22J(I think) no curved dinette. I've seen other models that would be great, but the craftsmanship gets poor reviews. Would love to hear thoughts on great models that are small, with hardware that withstands use. We are staying away from diesel. Originally we were looking at diesel, but sounds as if the DEF is problematic. I am not retired yet, so weekends and short trips. Thanks for any input! Safe travels, Laurie

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry that I can't be of much help as never owned a class C but there will be people along shortly that can help.
Happy RVing!!!

Corky

Would love to hear thoughts on great models that are small,
There are none. With the weight you are putting into it with the people, dogs and camping gear you will be way overloaded which is very unsafe. All RVs have a CCC, cargo carrying capacity. On small class Cs that is a very small number. You need to educate yourself on CCC and shop wisely or you will be trading it in within months. It is no fun driving an overweight vehicle.

Thank you Corky,
How did you like your Itasca? For some reason I thought they were in the Winnebago world somehow..

Hello SeilerBird,
If I made it sound like we were going to have tons of weight, that's not the case. If it was the Oxygen concentrator that made my post sound heavy it's not . I can lift it with one arm easily.The O2 concentrator is under 30 pounds, and can be moved easily for weight distribution. We won't be towing a vehicle. One of the reasons we want to stay small. Was it the O2 concentrator that was your concern? Thank you for your advice! Laurie

Laurie J said:
Thoughts on Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22M/ Or Spirit 22M. What is the difference? I'm having difficulty figuring it out. One made a bit better?

Hi Laurie, Welcome to The RV Forum!

The difference between the Winnebago Minnie Winnie and the Spirit lines are minor trim items.  The company has two brands so they can have competing dealerships in the same area, one carrying the Minnie Winne and the other the Spirit.

Thank you! I watched you tube videos last night on the two, and saw some of the differences. The Minnie, has glass top cover on the stove, whereas the spirit does not. I also like the layout of the Coachman Freelander. Yet have read some poor reviews. Shopping for the perfect one is tough!

Winnebago came out with a new class A that is 26'. It is  the Intent. Might work for you with over cab bed. Bed is electric to move up and down. Ladder stores on the  bunk when not in use. Only has a dinette and no coach. Take your time shopping and enjoy the process.

we need a little Class C, 25 foot or under

Here we go again.  A 25ft RV is not much bigger than a full size van.
Four people and a 50lb dog is going to get crowded real fast.

You didn't say how you plan to use it either.

Weekend trips - maybe OK  Week long or longer trips will not be as fun.

Maybe a travel trailer would be better IF you have a vehicle able to tow it.
Then you would have a vehicle to site-see without breaking camp. 

But it's you that has to live with it, so only your opinion counts.

Only advice I will give is buy something bigger then you think you need and you will be much happier then getting something
something that is just the right size now.
Grandkids and dogs do grow - right?

I totally agree with RedandSilver above about the room. One big problem with class C s' is that there is not much storage underneath. You may be better off with a smaller Class A gas. We had a 28' class C and same problem, we had to lug many things into the interior for storage.

Bill

Well...you all have me looking! Have looked at some smaller class A's. I want to go look at a Winnebago Intent. Looked at a Jayco Alante today. It was ok. We loved our 32 Foot class C, so it's what we are used too. The idea is to have a small C for travel on short trips, not long stays, and to not have to tow. Husbands health is not good, so the ease of a motor home is what we were looking for. No messing with hitching, etc, My husband was looking at the actual travel vans. No way! I do not want to have to deal with stumbling over each other just to get in a cabinet! We will continue to just look. Not jumping in to anything that won't fit our needs, or be to big for our needs! It's so easy to get "biggitis"  when looking! Example: Husband has always liked Allegros. The one and only on the lot today, is where I found him, when I lost site of him! hope to fine something soon!

Was wondering what you bought?  We had a 32' coachman for a short time but sold due to not retired yet.  Now that we are retired we are ready for a trip to the parks.  Considering a 22R or 22M.  Spirit or minnie.  Only us 2, no pets or kids and don't want to tow.  32' was too big for what we carry.  Going for Ford gas engine due to diesel issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom