Need help with dash covers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corky

I am trying to fix the dash heater motor as it only operates on high speed. I need to track down the location of the resistor pack, which controls the motor speed.

As the pictures show most of the panels have been removed, except the two that most needed to be removed.
I think if I can get the ?Deck? (for the lack of any better description) removed it will reveal the secrets for the ?Cover?. I have looked for screws, and clips, I have pried, pulled and tugged. I can't get the Deck to budge. And because of my blunderings I really need to remove it to have it recovered. My ineptness has resulted in a couple of holes & a tear in the material. 
I need help with information on how to remove 2 dash panel items.

Attachments

• 01-Deck&Cover.jpg
    01-Deck&Cover.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 02-Deck&Cover.jpg
    02-Deck&Cover.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 29
Corky said:
I need to track down the location of the resistor pack, which controls the motor speed.

Assuming the heater is an Evans Tempcon, common in RVs, the resistor pack is on the back or the fan switch.

I can't help with the panel problem though.

If I remember correctly, on our 2008 Journey, you pull the defroster grills which hold the dash panel down next to the windshield.
Then pull the dash panel towards the rear of the coach. It is held down by some slide in clips. Once it clears these clips(maybe 2"), it should lift up.

Jim Godward said:
Assuming the heater is an Evans Tempcon, common in RVs, the resistor pack is on the back or the fan switch.

I can't help with the panel problem though.

Thanks Jim, I'm not sure what make my system is, but I did eliminate the switch being the problem by installing a new one.
I may have gotten a bad switch though. I did compare both switches using a multimeter and checking continuity. Both check good.

Corky

Neal said:
If I remember correctly, on our 2008 Journey, you pull the defroster grills which hold the dash panel down next to the windshield.
Then pull the dash panel towards the rear of the coach. It is held down by some slide in clips. Once it clears these clips(maybe 2"), it should lift up.

Neal - thanks!!!!!
I never thought of pulling the deck towards me. I'll give it a try in the morning and report back.

Thanks again.
Corky

Needless to say, it?s the wiring you should be following.. don?t know where this pack is, but I have replaced two in my car over the years, and they are located within the ducting so they are air cooled. Wouldn?t surprise me at all if you find it up front

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom