1984 fireball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travisntammy

We are looking at a 1984 fireball with a new 350 crate motor. Does anyone know anything about the fireball? It has a chevy chasis 74,000 miles on the motorhome and 24,000 miles on the engine.

What is it?  Class C, B, A,?  That's a small engine for a motorhome, no wonder it was replaced.  Be than again how long is it.? do you have a picture?  I don't recall one, perhaps someone else might.

If they were good for RV  then why don't they use them?  Be like putting a 455 Cummins in that freight train.  It just won;t hold up over the duration.  Some guys pull airplanes with their teeth too but not very far and don't think it would get it off the ground.

you don't mention if this will be your first rv, and if the choice of a 1984 model is due to financial limitations -
but I would be very cautious with a rig so old. nearly every rubber part would need to looked at carefully, and replacement parts may difficult to find.
tell us more why this model interests you, and maybe we can offer some better insight.
good luck!

Shayne said:
What is it?  Class C, B, A,?   That's a small engine for a motorhome, no wonder it was replaced.  Be than again how long is it.? do you have a picture?  I don't recall one, perhaps someone else might.
    It is a 24' class C. It will be our first RV. We are not looking to go cross country or any major driving. It is on it's 2nd senior owner. The price is right for us at this time and we have 3 young kids so we don't need or want anything really new.

Apparently no one has heard of this unit before. It could be Fleetwood, Winnie, gulf stream, champion, coachman or any brand  Fireball certainly is the Brand name but the model name.
Don't know what else you are asking.  All units of that era is going to have seen its better days yet still have life left in it. All the appliances and furniture is going to be the same as any other unit.  I'd be more concerned as to tires and roof or leaks and making sure everything functions as it should.  Others will explain the tire bit, but because the look good  just doesn't hack it.  Again price depends on a lot.  Without the make it's hard to check   So I wouldn't give too much considering all the ifs.  Example  a good conditioned 89 Jamboree Chev powered is worth possibly 5 grand that is real decent  You don't state the price so that would be entirely up to you.  You are the ultimate buyer and the one that must be satisfied.   If it were me buying an 84 without a genset( assuming no genset because you didn't mention it.) and otherwise very good shape $2500 to Maybe $3000 Again without the pics and not knowing the whole story, that would be tops in my book. Others may think more, but that's hard to guesstimate without all the facts.  JMHO  Might I suggest going to RVClearinghouse.com and go to page 97  There is a21' Chev  C model that APPEARS to be in excellent shape in Many, La to compare with.  Also many others are listed hear.  Might help you as well as checking th Library button above.  Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom