Portable Fence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2PawsRiver

We will be traveling with three small dogs.....25-30 pounds, small to us :)......just wondering somebody has come up with a portable fence system.  Just a temporary boundary that we can put up when we park the fifth wheel.

Look on Amazon for pet fences for dogs.  I just looked them up and the second listing shows a fence that can be had in various lengths and heights.  We put a nice little yard at home for our Shih Tzu using the 24 inch size but you may need the 30" size.  Depends how big you want to make a yard for the dogs but you can get as few as 8 sections (about 32 inches per section and comes with a gate section) or 16 sections (same size sections).  We got a 16 section unit for the house but as the pup grew and liked to run we expanded her yard to 32 sections when Amazon had them on sale.  I believe the brand was Yaheetech.  Very easy and quick to put up and you can vary the size for a location as needed.

Bill

My wife is in charge of acquiring x-pens.  She usually finds the best prices on Chewy.com.  We have 7 of them, and use whatever will fit in the site we happen to be in.

We have three large dogs, lab and lab mixes, all over 80 pounds. We use a pop up screened tent with a floor. The roof provides shade most times of the day, and they love to just lay in there and watch all the goings ons of the campground. Luckily, none of our dogs are big barkers. The thing folds back up into a nice flat circular bag for storage.

Checked out the portable fences and they look like they would work find.....thinking the 24 inch would work.....thank you for the input.

Some parks only allow 2 pets but the 3 pet people just say they have 2 and rotate them around, only walking 2 at a time.

Remember that you can't leave your pets outside unless you are out there with them. Also important to train them to stay quietly when home alone. This may take new training.

I always kept my active doggie tethered outside. I loved outdoors and was out there with him. Since we bought an RV lot that does not allow permanent fencing, I bought him 8 dog kennels and attached them all together.

My friends weren't sure about walking through the gate to bang on the door, so I put a wireless doorbell by the gate with a small sign "Ring bell" and that works wonders.

I have enough fencing 8x16=128 feet plus some of the ends are attached to the shed and some to the permanent farm fence behind me since my property touches theirs. So he ended up with this huge yard of freedom.

I bought the Midwest 30 inch height. My 6 pound pooch can leap right over the 24 inch without effort.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00063KG0K/

The cool things is I bought 8 with gates, so I have gates all over my yard, makes it easier coming and going. I chose the gold color and it blends right in, you can't really see the fence until you get closer to my lot.

PS here is a pic of the gold fencing, 30 inch height. I bought mine on sale and a few from their warehouse deals, so I mostly got great bargains on mine.

Attachments

• DSCF2479-600x600.JPG
    DSCF2479-600x600.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 66
I've seen some parks specifically disallow use of the pens, although they work quite well. We have 2 foot high ones for our smaller dogs, also with gates. We don't normally use them while in transit, and there are no issues at our summer base (own lot) where we have the entire lot surrounded by them. The only place we've had an issue is when we used a small section on the patio of our summer/winter townhome, thanks to an unfriendly HOA.

Aye Bill, something seems to get into HOA board members that makes them feel somehow supreme and authoritative. Local residents at our primary S&B home fired the entire board because of their antics. I have a short fuse for this stuff. Last time we arrived at our spring/summer townhome, some of the residents who had been aggressively pursued by the board thanked me for "standing up to the bullies".

If you are outside with them, why do you need a fence?  Just teach them to stay close to you, or tell them to 'stay'.

[quote author=Senator5]If you are outside with them, why do you need a fence?  Just teach them to stay close to you, or tell them to 'stay'.[/quote]

At our town home in the MidWest, when the doggies need to "go" outside late at night or early morning with snow on the ground, we don't sit outside in our PJs  :eek:

Finally took some more pics of my fencing. They had a choice of gold or black, I thought the gold would blend in better.

Where I bought this lot, we are not allowed permanent fencing.
Dogs can not be left outside alone. I love being outdoors and my pooch has spent 8 years on tethers in campgrounds. He is THRILLED to have his freedom now. He has his pillow chair outside and drags his toys around. We play fetch and frisbee.

I still have to walk him as he prefers not to poop in his own yard. If he does, I clean it up right away.

I bought 8 dog fences which amused the residents as some of  the other folks only had 1 dog fence. I read the rules carefully, there was no limit on amount of portable fencing.  8)

My lot came with farm fence in back, so I was able to connect to that. Also I connected to both end sides of the storage shed. So I ended up with a fence that encircles the 5th wheel, patio and yard.

I put up a doorbell and a RING BELL sign at the front gate. Works great, my friends ring the bell and I run out to let them in. They don't have to stand there wondering if it's safe to open the gate or what.

I also put a table up just outside the fence for UPS to leave boxes. It's handy when I have groceries to pile them at the table then open the gate.

If table was on inside of gate, my jumping dog would hop up on table, jump over fence and run wild in the park.  ::)

When we had hurricane, I removed all the fencing and hid it in shed. Then I ran for cover hundreds of miles away.

Attachments

• gold fence.JPG
    gold fence.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 33
  • gold fence 2.JPG
    gold fence 2.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members