Tankless water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbranontn

Just returned from maiden trip in our 2011Wildcat 5th wheel 302RLS. I have a question about my tankless water heater. First, after de-winterizing and sanitizing the fresh water tank, i filled it back up. I then went out and flipped switch on outside inside water heater panel. Is there anything else i needed to do before getting hot water? I ask because when turned on hot water. The water heater started making a loud noise when it kicked on. Is it normal to be so loud? I immediately cut it off because wasn't sure i had done everything correctly.

The tankless water heaters use a forced draft burner to heat the water so it will make some noise, but only when hot water is running and for about 1 minute afterward.

Just be be sure, I would have run a bit of cold water through the hot faucet to make sure the water line to the heater was full BEFORE I activated the heater. But other than air in the lines that were empty over the winter, I see no reason for anything other than normal noise, whatever "normal" is.  I'm guessing this is a propane-powered tankless, so there is probably some sound from the burner, right? If electric powered, it ought to be silent.

Have you ever run it prior to this time and, if so, did it make any noise? 

In other words, has it ever worked correctly to your knowledge?

Back
Top Bottom