2016 Shasta Revere flooring replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ParttimeRVer

Hey everyone, I have a question or two for all the great minds here. First let me preface by stating that there is so much great info in this forum, and I'm happy to be a part of it. I spent HOURS yesterday looking at flooring posts in here. So now on to my questions, I'm replacing the roll vinyl and carpet in my '16 Shasta Revere. Reason being water leaking and a family with severe allergies. This black plastic piece I tried to photo for you all is something I'm wondering about, I'd like to do the Allure floor but I think it'd be too tall and that black piece would still be visible. Is my only option doing more roll vinyl or peel and stick vinyl? Would it be remotely possible to remove this piece? I believe it makes a seal with the slider floor when the slider is extended out. Link has two photos showing the area I am concerned with.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FgFPk9RdxEor76sL2

that black plastic piece is used to bridge the slope where slide comes up and keep the floor and slide virtually flat

Yeah, the plastic piece bridges the gap on a flush-floor slide when it is deployed.  The usual technique to cover the slide and plastic extension with a thin subfloor layer, maybe plywood or some sort of vinyl/plastic.  You end up with the slide floor slightly taller than the main floor, by whatever thickness you add. Cover the edge with a nice molding. If the plastic piece is already flush with the slide floor, you may be able to avoid that extra layer, but usually it is not.

One photo shows a lip or ridge of some sort.  Looks to be stapled to the main subfloor, though?  Not evident to me what that is, but if its part of the moving slide, some fitting & filling may be required.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom