California Delta fishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Somewhat belatedly, I bought my California fishing license today. They don't offer a "senior" license, so I said I'd check back if/when I reach 100. I've periodically considered buying a "lifetime license", but it's hard to predict if I'd get my money's worth out of it. Probably should have bought one 5+ years ago.

I need to check out the bass boat and make sure the batteries are charged. I recently replaced the starting battery because, although it started the engine after charging, it was causing an alarm that has since disappeared.

It's getting late for black/largemouth bass, but the spring run of stripers will be on soon.

Tom said:
... the spring run of stripers will be on soon.

Sure hope so.  Went trolling last week with only one bump but no stick. Maybe will try again this week being the forecast calls for clear skies.

[quote author=Seon]Maybe will try again this week being the forecast calls for clear skies.[/quote]

That's my plan too. The forecast motivated me to check the batteries on the bass boat on Friday, then yesterday we had something of a downpour  ???

The stripers are in! Took the bass boat out on a whim for a couple of hours this afternoon. Didn't get further than the entrance (exit) to Discovery Bay before seeing surface activity Started tossing poppers and was catching them as fast as I could cast. Had to quit because our dogs were going nuts with all the activity. Didn't see the usual bird activity to spot the fish moving around.

Any luck trolling?

Not much happening on this coast. Did hear about some small stripers getting caught between Delaware and Jersey, but the water is still too cold.

Late report.

Took my son, grandson and great-grandsons trolling on the 4th at Georgiana Slough for an hour and a half run on the Reel Kahuna II.

Total of four hits, 2 no stick and 2 in the boat.

G-grandson's first time trolling and were very excited and happy.

Attachments

• IMG_8866.JPG
    IMG_8866.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 10
Those first fish make lifetime fishermen.

Not that I'm on either coast but the Walleye are running in the Maumee River now. And it looks like it's going to be a banner year for Lake Erie again.

Corky

Seon said:
Late report.

Took my son, grandson and great-grandsons trolling on the 4th at Georgiana Slough for an hour and a half run on the Reel Kahuna II.

Total of four hits, 2 no stick and 2 in the boat.

G-grandson's first time trolling and were very excited and happy.
Wow! What a result I'm jealous!

Back
Top Bottom