Pulled the trigger on our first mh! Hopefully all is well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After considering a few different mh I have found the "one". It was at the top of our budget but I think we did well. After the help and advice From many on this forum we made a deal on a 2000 Fleetwood Flaiir 34D. Last summer it got 6 new tires, new batteries and a complete new roof, new awning, 40000 miles, original interior, no leaks or water damage. 18000$ US. Owner has bills for all the work done and the rig is in great condition. Ford V10 with a slide out. It was kind of a nervous experience but I think we if was the best deal we could find. Thanks everyone for the advice on the other three units we looked at. You were all very helpful. We can't wait to get to know our new mh. Unfortunately it will be sitting in storage for the next few weeks.

No trips planned in the near future other than the 9 hour drive home. Most likely going to head out west to the interior of British Columbia during the summer.

Hi, congratulations.  You need to post the pictures.  Exciting times.  BC looks amazing.  Let us know how your trip goes and meantime keep joining in the discussions.  ;D  Safe trip back home.

Congratulations on your new motorhome.  I would recommend that you spend a night or two close to the seller in case you need help learning how to do something.  There are so many things that will be explained - which a few hours later you might not remember.  Hopefully the seller is helpful and willing to guide you.  Make sure you have a thorough walk-through to establish that everything works and HOW it works.  Yes, hopefully everything will go smoothly and it will be the start of making some wonderful memories.

ArdraF

Arch Hoagland said:
Are you doing the 9 hours all at once or stopping half way for the night?

We will be driving straight through. Kind of a normal thing for us. We live in a Remote part of Northern Manitoba. It's still winter up here, so unfortunately we won't be using this thing until May.

A good walk through will definitely be in order. We are moving up from a 16 foot toyhauler with no bathroom.

Made the trip home today. Uneventful drive, I did discover a few issues and I will have many questions. I will post in the Motorhome section. 

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 48
Arch Hoagland said:
Whoo Hoo now you've got a toilet!!!!! Best money you ever spent!
Not sure if you are calling my mh a toilet or celebrating the fact that this thing has a bathroom in it. Either way, it is  an upgrade from my old unit (which did not have a bathroom), so we are happy.

I'm sure he's celebrating the fact you have a toilet, and not calling your coach a toilet. I only know Arch from here, but he seems like a pretty good guy, and very knowledgeable. :))

Northern Traveler said:
Not sure if you are calling my mh a toilet or celebrating the fact that this thing has a bathroom in it. Either way, it is  an upgrade from my old unit (which did not have a bathroom), so we are happy.
LOL! OMG... LMAO! Congratulations on your new coach.

Kev

Thanks everybody. I will think of this post every time I use the toilet in our new to us RV! Exciting times ahead indeed.

Back
Top Bottom