SeilerBird goes curling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
    When I was young, it was considered an old man's game.  Now that I'm old, it is considered a young man's game.  All I know is that the most difficult thing about curling is what you do with your beer when it come time to sweep, although the push brooms do make it easier than the old corn brooms.
    As for it being a slow game, try it and you'll soon find out that all that sweeping and slidding up & down the ice make it sure fast enough to work up a good sweat.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
As for it being a slow game, try it and you'll soon find out that all that sweeping and slidding up & down the ice make it sure fast enough to work up a good sweat.

Then drink more beer!!!!  ;D :D

SeilerBird said:
I am getting a bigger response to this thread than I anticipated. I am really glad curling is finally becoming popular in this country. I knew that I had a 99% chance of failing at curling but I was enjoying watching it so much I just had to try it and I am really glad I did. In a class of about 30 people I was the oldest person by at least 20 years. The enthusiasm of the class was amazing. I have been addicted to sports all my life. I started in little league baseball, then went to skateboarding ( and dislocated my shoulder, my only sports injury), then went to surfing where I was a miserable failure at that also (not due to me but the surfboard I owned was waterlogged), then I got a boat and took up water skiing (the only sport I was super good at), then on to scuba diving, snow skiing, racquetball and finally hiking. I have been watching sports on TV avidly all my life. So sports is very big in my life and with my old age and emphysema I am realizing I am not getting any younger. It was killing me to not try curling so I had to do it. I have also started watching soccer in the last few years and it is killing me I can't play soccer. I had extremely strong legs and I would have done well at soccer but I am just not going to try it since I would probably have a heart attack if I did. It is a bitch getting old but the alternative is a lot worse. ;D

Have you tried pickleball?

jackiemac said:
I was going to ask what a pickled ball was  :eek: then I saw the previous message....    ;D ;D

Pickle ball is a game. Very similar to tennis but uses smaller rackets and a smaller court.

DW and I have taken up pickleball. It's a lot of fun and is as low impact as you want to make it. Really the only equipment to buy is a paddle. And, maybe, court style shoes but those aren't really a necessity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom