Insurance question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clockdrfla

Full timing in a fifth wheel.  Is there insurance available for lodging expenses if I had maintenance issue with RV and took some time to repair? 

I would think that is something to discuss with your agent. One can pretty much insure anything if you want to pay the price.

kdbgoat said:
I would think that is something to discuss with your agent. One can pretty much insure anything if you want to pay the price.
Discussed it with my insurer, Allstate.  Was told no coverage available since RV was a towable

What kind of scenario are you envisioning?  I bet there are fulltimer-type policies that would cover such things.  Check out the Fulltiming area of the forum... someone there will probably know if you post that question.

If I recall, I believe that CoachNet has some coverage as does my Homeowners policy.  Full timing you would not have the Homeowners policy so one of the RV Fulltimers policies would probably have coverage.

Need to read your policy. The coverage is typically called "additional living expenses" and they apply if you're disabled over a certain number of miles away from your garaging location due to a covered cause of loss. Maintenance issues are not a covered cause of loss.

Join AAA they have Trip Interupption INsurance that will pay for a hotel or motel if yoru trip is intruppted,  Only be sure to check with the agent.

Also FMCA (Family Motor Coach Assn) now allows Towables in the club.. and You might check with one of THEIR insurance agents.. I've not used them in the last decade so do not know what all they offer.

Speaking of insurance; I was at a KOA in Durant ,OK and the clerk offered me a discount if i was insured by Allstate. What a

surprise. I did not know Allstate and KOA were doing that. Fortunaly I had Allstate and I got a 10% discount. F Y I

Back
Top Bottom