possible converter issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pa bell

My wife plugged and then overfilled the bathroom sink. The electrical panel under the sink got wet blowing the circuit breakers for the converter, water heater, and 1/2 of the 220V AC. I bought new circuit breakers. When I turned on the converter breaker I heard a pop from the converter. Now the AC, lights, furnace, water heater do not work, only the 120V outlets. What did I do wrong by turning the converter back on? It did not get wet as far as I can see.

Ok, first question: Who the )@(#$@# Though that was a good place for an electrical panel???
(NOte my power distribution panel is in much the same space. but the converter .. is elsewhere)
(Note 2: Don't bother answering that. You are not the )@#($@ who did it).

Now the meat: Is the converter part of the power distribution assembly.. Like ay a WFCO or Parallex?

If so yes, you should have made sure it was dry before powering it up.

Suggestion is to install a Progressive Dynamnics 9200 (IE: 9265) elsewhere, where it WILL NOT GET WET, and run new Romex to that sitek you can use either a Plug in or Hard wired model

Easy to install save for the heavy gauge 12 volt wires needed.

OPtions include a PD 4600 series (Replaces the existing electronics) but add protection against flooding (A silicon cutting mat as a tent over the device might work)

Or.. It may be the fix is easy.... If you have the skills to go through the converter.... I replaced a computer power supply some time ago and now have a spare. You see. it was a hidden fuse that went POP.

This is a duplicate post... please direct replies to this thread:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,112603

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom