Tankless water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sahallock

:mad:
I just purchased a Thor Siesta with a Girard tankless water heater. I have yet to have a shower without being blasted with cold water, or to have a hot shower using 10-15 gallons of water. The thing is worthless if I?m trying to dry camp. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get a typical shower with 2-3 gallons of hot water without shots of cold water anytime the shower nozzle is turned off to allow shampooing and washing, the back on to rinse?

put in a recirculating bypass back to the fresh water tank.  Open valve to recirculate before you get in the shower to purge cold water from line and pre heat the heater. 

Tear it out and gently place in the closest garbage can.  The Giard tankless units are junk according to the majority of complaints posted on all the RV forums.  The other brand that mfg use is OK.  The big problem is all the tankless types demand a constant flow/pressure to work correctly.  Unfornutately a typical RV water pump does not do that well.  You would be far better off swapping in a standard tank type WH,

To link30240. I?m intrigued by your suggestion of a bypass. Can you email a sketch of what you?re suggesting? I?d like to tear it out but the RV is still under warranty and I want to see if I can fix the issue.

Back
Top Bottom