Propane Detector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Hi all, we are off on our voyage tomorrow in our 31 foot Coachman Lep Class C. Lie the rookie I am I accidentally left the knob on the far left of the stove on "lite" I did this yesterday. My wife went in to pack the Rig today and she smelled the gas. She found the issue, turned off the propane, and then opened the windows. The tank was just filled the other day, it now reads 85%, so I guess I lost 15% since yesterday. This is my fault, no one else's.

MY CONCERN: The "propane detector" which is located a bit further back in the motor home never went off. The light on the device is lit up in green. When I press "TEST" it also works, very loud. I am concerned as to why this did not go off. I am also concerned that I am a complete moron for turning the knob on "lite" and leaving it there, but that is nothing new.

Trying to make "lite" of a serious situation. Thanks as always in advance for your replies.

Mike

I did the same thing with my then new to me class C, so don't feel too bad, it happens to the best of us. I don't have a memory problem I can recall.

As to the alarm, a lot depends on where your alarm is located. Propane is heavier than air and will fall to the bottom of your RV. On mine the propane alarm is near the floor, and definitely went off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom