2009 Monaco Dynasty Regal '45

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZinLuvR

Looking for any insight about this model.  DW says it's "perfect".  So down goes a deposit pending inspection.  Hired an independent firm to do the inspection, which is a 7 to 8 page report with pictures.  75,000 miles, Cummins ISM500 engine.  Most of the boxes are checked off on the must have list.  Looking for anyone who has first hand knowledge about this model and anything to look for that could be a major problem.  For the most part I have not seen anything major for this model on the forums.  Thanks.

Basically it's a good rig, and it sounds as if the condition of that one is good, so I'd think you'd be OK. Monaco then made a good coach -- don't know what they're like today.

A Dynasty Regal is a superb coach if decently kept and it suits your needs.  About the only negative is that the year (2009) was a rough one for the RV industry and even the big brand names were on the verge of bankruptcy, so quality suffered. Monaco file for bankruptcy on March 29, 2009, so this Dynasty would have been one of the last ones built.  Presumably anything really bad would have been found and fixed by now, but pay extra attention to condition and construction.

Good luck - hope it passes inspection!

Good advice.  The company doing the inspection has a background in both Monaco and Cummins.  3 inspectors are the team that goes through it.  Car Fax is clean.  The ISM500 is an 07 emission engine.  The coach is optioned well.  We are hoping the inspection comes back good.  Two cosmetic things from the pictures the dealer sent me,  no big deal on either.  Not a lot of electronic stuff, so we'll most likely self insure instead of an extended warranty, the prices seem to be way out of line.  I know that 2009 was a rough year for all the high end coaches, few survived.  Country Coach, Beaver, Safari, Holiday Rambler and so on.  Winnebago bought the rights to Country Coach and I guess the REV Group know controls Monaco, Holiday Rambler and so on.  Beaver, who knows, maybe another start up this year?  Country Coach, I don't think so.  Seems like little interest in the diesel pushers these days.

The '07 spec ISM is not known for great fuel economy, rather dismal in fact. 5-6 mpg is commonly reported, but not clear if those reports are from people who have a heavy foot.  The 2010 spec engine (that requires DEF for the NOx reduction system) is much better.

Hard to imagine a high end '09 coach without a lot of electronic stuff. Surely it has an inverter, Battery Control Center, electronic dash, sound system, etc. But I would also bet that much of that has already been overhauled once by now.

Little interest in diesel pushers?  RVtrader reports that searches on DP's are 3x those on gas rigs. I suspect a lot of those searches end up buying  gas - money is always the ultimate decider. Actual diesel sales remain much lower than gas coaches, but that's money talking.

Back
Top Bottom