Glacier Trip- Question about North American RV Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoelP

I am finally getting around to planning my trip to Glacier National Park.  We plan to stay at the west side and have targeted North American RV Park, which several here have mentioned in the past.  I read one review that there is train noise at this location.  How bad and how frequent is that noise?

We've stayed there twice and I don't remember the train noise being an issue. There are tracks, but there over 1/4 mile away. Could you hear train from these tracks, sure - but again, I don't remember train noise being an issue.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
We've stayed there twice and I don't remember the train noise being an issue. There are tracks, but there over 1/4 mile away. Could you hear train from these tracks, sure - but again, I don't remember train noise being an issue.

ken

Thanks!  It is tough to know how to interpret reviews. 

On a related question, have you stayed near Great Falls, MT?  I am looking for  a midpoint between Glacier and Yellowstone. The RV reviews in Great Falls seem less than flattering.

JoelP said:
Thanks!  It is tough to know how to interpret reviews. 

On a related question, have you stayed near Great Falls, MT?  I am looking for  a midpoint between Glacier and Yellowstone. The RV reviews in Great Falls seem less than flattering.
If it's for a one night, we stayed at Dicks RV Park. It's a family run place and they were very friendly. Think full timers stay there but there were lots of empty lots. Full hook ups, dirt lots and it was good for us. WiFi sketchy if I recall.  The town itself wasn't great but had a few stores,  one large outdoors shop and a small brewery. Area by river nice. We wouldn't have stayed for too long. Think its a good sam and rate around $40 a night but you can dry camp or have electric only for less. Hope that helps.

Glacier to Yellowstone.  If your making a quick stop I think Montana state law says you can pull over and if there is no sign posted saying otherwise you can stay 1 night.  We did so on the north side of yellowstone in Montana.

Thanks Gary!  That is good to know.

I am now focused on the leg of my trip between Cody and Arches National Park.  I was thinking of going from Cody to Park City then to Arches, but the leg from Cody to Park City is a bit much for a single day.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a good midpoint single night stay on that route?

Have made that trip many times: Take 120 from Cody thru Thermopolis, Riverton, Lander, then 28 to the cross road of Farson.. Where the two roads cross (on the right as you approach the intersection) is a lightly wooded area that you can spend the night,,then down to I80 to Evanston and Park City.>>>Dan

Look at the Crooked Tree RV park in Hungry Horse,,nothing fancy but quiet, reasonable,  and near the west gate of the park..>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
Have made that trip many times: Take 120 from Cody thru Thermopolis, Riverton, Lander, then 28 to the cross road of Farson.. Where the two roads cross (on the right as you approach the intersection) is a lightly wooded area that you can spend the night,,then down to I80 to Evanston and Park City.>>>Dan

So you at suggesting that it would be OK to boondock there before the Merchantile for a night?  Would it OK to put down leveler and open the bedroom slide?

Joel

Utclmjmpr said:
Look at the Crooked Tree RV park in Hungry Horse,,nothing fancy but quiet, reasonable,  and near the west gate of the park..>>>Dan

Thanks, but I already booked my stay at the West side of Glacier National Park.

The area that I suggest is across the road from the store and Ice cream place,, its on the right side as you approach the intersection southbound. (north east) (You can see that many have used this area over time)

Utclmjmpr said:
  The area that I suggest is across the road from the store and Ice cream place,, its on the right side as you approach the intersection southbound. (north east) (You can see that many have used this area over time)

Got it!  I can even see an 18-wheeler parked there in a Google Map image.  Thanks for your kind guidance.

As you traverse on I80 thru Evanston to the Utah border, be extra careful.. The area we call Parley's canyon is an accident prone stretch of interstate, and particularly during nasty weather.>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
As you traverse on I80 thru Evanston to the Utah border, be extra careful.. The area we call Parley's canyon is an accident prone stretch of interstate, and particularly during nasty weather.>>>Dan

Thanks for the heads-up.  I have put a couple of extra days in my 26 day trip plan to allow for delays due to weather.  It would not be the first time I waited out a windstorm.  Hopefully August will be less prone to such weather.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom