entry door lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taoshum

Our entry door lock has issues.  First off, the remote stopped working to lock/unlock the door so then we used a key to unlock it.  Once open, we tried the rocker switch by the passenger seat to L/U the door and nothing happens.  The rocker switch to L/U the compartments works fine, as normal anyway.  The coach has power, all the batteries are charged.  I checked the battery in the remote and it's fine as well.  So then I looked at the door and as far as I can tell there are no wires going into the door.  I guess that all of the L/U features are wireless????  How the signal get to the lock actuator in the door?  Is there another battery in there?  I'm clueless right now so any thoughts would be appreciated.

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Are there any copper contacts on the door and door frame that make the connection when the door is closed?

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Painless-Wiring-40022-Jamb-Tac-Door-Jamb-Connector-2-Wire,34103.html

That?s where I was gonna go too. Hit the contact with and eraser on both sides, the a fine coat of dialectic grease

WOW!  I had just decided to deal with the EXACT same problem but I will try to fix it now!!  I am assuming as Rene said it was the contacts.  I have WD40 contact cleaner.

We have the rocker control inside too and it doesn't work either.

John Canfield said:
Just use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts.

Thanks!!  I can?t wait to try!!  We bought the coach used and the number entry code on the outside doesn?t work either and I am sure that is all the same problem but I wonder if I can reset since I don?t know the code???????

Back
Top Bottom