2006 Fleetwood Excursion 39L feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

Still shopping.  Came across a Fleetwood Excursion 39L with 85K miles.  4 slides.  Original owner.  Not too far from home.

Somewhat higher end than what I've been considering.  I would spend the $200 my mechanic wants for an inspection but  I would have to take the unit for the better part of a day and drive it about 100 miles round trip for the inspection.  Is this an unreasonable request?

Any comments on the quality and reliability of the rig would be welcomed.

another question:  Since Fleetwood is relatively nearby (Iowa) and the rig has 4 slides would it be worth the time and effort to have the slides inspected (and maybe tweaked) by the factory even if they're working fine.

Thx in advance to anyone taking the time to respond.

soon to be Rookie RV'er
MArk in MN

We used to own a 2006 Excursion and had a number of problems. One of the biggest was the windows getting moisture inside the panes and then they always looked foggy. We were told by Fleetwood back then that the only fix was to replace them. We sold it through consignment at Camping World. We now have a 2006 Fleetwood Bounder and are very happy with it. Good Luck

I owned a 39 foot 4 slide 2006 Fleetwood Providence for a year. What I think of the unit should not have any bearing for you. With a 12 year old RV the only things that matter are condition, price and floorplan. The badge is meaningless. RVs are not like cars that come off an assembly line and all are identical. Most every RV made is custom made.

Back
Top Bottom