2000 Journey Stereo Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shermanlaw

I'm sure this is not new, but 98 pages was a lot to search through for an answer....  I want to replace the stock Sony AM/FM Cassette receiver.  Has anybody found a compatible 14-pin interface?  I'd hate to start cutting wires if I don't have to.  Thanks!

Welcome! I don't remember anybody here that found a plug and play solution. You could a) call Crutchfield and/or b) call the supplier of your radio (there is a supplier list on the Winnebago website and we might have a link in the Winnebago and Chassis Resources sticky thread at the top of this board.)

Sherman-

Crutchfield is a good place to try.  I know they have great customer support.  On my nearly identical twin to yours, a prior owner had replaced the stock stereo with another Sony head unit and had also installed an amp and some satellite speakers.  When the head unit crapped out, I went and bought another Sony unit, thinking I could just plug and play.  If I recall, I had to cut some wires and do some soldering, but it wasn't that tough and all works well now.

Back
Top Bottom