Anywhere to. Boondock next to a lake in so cal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Briant

Just bought a new to us 30 ft class a , wife and I love to fish and are looking for a place where we can camp in our rv next to a lake in so cal.....even a rv park would be fine,  but want the rv close to the water

There are a few campgrounds on Lake Nacimiento. It's been many years since we were there, and I don't recall much about the place.

Briant said:
Just bought a new to us 30 ft class a , wife and I love to fish and are looking for a place where we can camp in our rv next to a lake in so cal.....even a rv park would be fine,  but want the rv close to the water

Hate to give away our secret Hideaway, but there is a county campground on Lake Cahuilla which is part of the irrigation system just south of La Quinta in the Coachella Valley. It is an artificial Lake, but it is stocked with trout. You cannot use a boat, but you can fish from the shore. If you are willing to forgo Services, you can camp right beside the lake. If you want Power, you will be a few sites away.

If you decide to Camp beside the lake, and forgo the power, please be kind to the others that are there and don't run your generator. They don't forbid generators, but they really should. There is power very close by for those who need it.

San Diego County......

Lake Morena. SD County runs a nice campground there.
Cuyamaca Lake......inside the State Park.
Lake Jennings. Operated by the Helix water district
Santee lakes. Operated by the Padre dam water district.

All lakes open to fishing. Bass, seasonal trout, crappie, cats and bluegill.
Boats good to go except Santee lakes.

Its not in Socal, but the Colorado River runs through the California/Arizona border desert. Lake Havasu is right on the river as well, and is much bigger than just the river. Of course there is always the Saltan Sea. (just kidding, never been there but it doesnt look very appealing). We camped near Blythe California on the Colorado River. I looked quite nice, and there were people with boats and seadoos. One of the locals said the fishing was decent, although we didnt try it.

muskoka guy said:
Of course there is always the Salton Sea. (just kidding, never been there but it doesnt look very appealing).

Trust me on this.....it is NOT very appealing.
The water is the color of root beer and it STINKS!L

Long ago (25 yrs) I used to catch some huge Orange Mouth Corvina there.
I would recommend just pass on by....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom