Well we made it this far (from Ireland)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patzx12

We flew in to O' Hare my Mary and I (boy my wings are tired).
Picked up the RV in Elkhart. El Monte gave us a Coachmen Leprechaun 28ft.
I got a lot of ribbing about that one, an Irish man with a Leprechaun.
Elkhart.
Daytona Bike week with plenty of bike test rides, I got to ride a Boss Hoss oh my, after a lifetime of motorcycling riding fast bikes it's hard to get that buzz. The Boss Hoss gave me a buzz.
Looked up a classic bike guy in West Florida then:
Pensacola Beach.
New Orleans.
San Antonio.
Across Texas.
We are now in Williams Az, it's cold and touristy.
All good.
We stayed in:
Walmarts.
Rest areas
KOI
RV parks.
And even street parking near Main street in Daytona.
A wonderful country.
We know the USA fron 30+ years ago when we lived here. We traveled 40 States by car and bike.
California next.
My biggest impression of this trip is:
The honesty, honor and friendliness of the American people. It is a privilege to travel among you.

Glad you are having a good trip.

You are coming into California at one of our prettiest times. Everything is blooming and starting to grow now.

Do you know yet where you will be exploring in California?

We had the same impression of the friendliness of the people when we drove around Ireland.  Of course driving on the "wrong" side of a very narrow road with a stone wall barely beneath the roadside greenery brushing the side of my car, made the encounter with a bus going the other way a vivid memory for me of Ireland.  I only wish I could have spent the time there that you are spending here.  Too few Americans have seen as much of this country as you have seen on this trip.

When you get close to the border with California on Interstate 40 you will see an exit for Lake Havasu.

Seventeen miles south is a great town on the Colorado River where they transplanted the London Bridge.

You are welcome to spend a few days with full hookups for free if you would like to visit this town.

Send me a PM or email from my profile if you want to stop by.

It is warm in Lake Havasu City, was 80 today.

Glad to hear you guys are having a great time. Lake Havasu is a lovely place to stop, go for a boat trip. See the bridge. Climate nice at this time of year. And I'm sure Bill would be the perfect host.  8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom