Crew Cab Ram extra storage space

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How I carry extra drinking water, food supplies and riding gear in a Ram 3500 SLT crew cab/Northern Lite 9-6 Q SE/front mounted KTM 200 XCW

I removed the rear crew cab seat, gaining 14" of width, then I made a simple 2x4 braced plywood platform raised 14" high that supports 4 big containers of food supplies, motorcycle stuff, and off road riding gear on left side and three 7 gal drinking water containers on the right side.

14" space below is for handy quick access to things needed when on the road, tools, air comp, leveling blocks, gallon jugs of any fluids ect.

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 71
Looks like something I would do. Never thought about tying anything down.

Securing the load

When the rear seat was removed there were 3 solid U brackets that held the seat in place plus 2 nylon loop straps all in just the right places to use Motorcycle tie downs to secure the load.

The tie downs hook on the rear floor brace of the front seat,

I screwed & glued 1" tall wood borders for all the containers to set into and using tie downs to keep it all tightly in place on gnarly 4WD roads out boondock campin'.

A nice idea except for us, that space is dedicated for our two big Akitas, although I have thought of removing the rear seat.  Thanks for sharing.

RIR, that is the way I am planning to do similar with my Chevy 2500 double cab.  Haven't narrowed down an finalized a TC purchase, but already have been doing some brainstorming and doing similar to what you did.  Thanks for the post!

Gizmo said:
A nice idea except for us, that space is dedicated for our two big Akitas, although I have thought of removing the rear seat.  Thanks for sharing.

same here, except two Norwegian Elkhounds (which often get asked if they are Akitas =P). I liked OP's conversion a lot though because my wife and I ride dirt bikes and have a double versahaul carrier. When bringing the camper, I find I don't need the space just throw it in the camper and secure from sliding, but we don't always take TC on dirt bike trips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom