Which TPMS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeylikesit

I apologize if this topic has been beat to death, but I am convinced that I NEED a TPMS.  Now the question is which one. 

the EEZ systems seem to have pretty good reviews, but enough "problems" reported that I felt I needed to ask...

I appreciate any objective advice!

I?ve had the Eezrv with booster for two years, and am very satisfied. I liked their display best, batteries last over a year and are easy to replace. I?ve never had a failure to connect (or any problems). During initial setup I spoke with their support and found them very helpful.

mikeylikesit said:
I apologize if this topic has been beat to death, but I am convinced that I NEED a TPMS.  Now the question is which one. 

the EEZ systems seem to have pretty good reviews, but enough "problems" reported that I felt I needed to ask...

I appreciate any objective advice!

I had a blow out last Friday (no damage). I had just removed the TPMS because the coach is for sale. At no time ever had I ever traveled without my TPMS in place, nor will I ever again. I use Pressure Pro.

I?ve had the Eezrv with booster for two years, and am very satisfied. I liked their display best, batteries last over a year and are easy to replace. I?ve never had a failure to connect (or any problems). During initial setup I spoke with their support and found them very helpful.
:)) :)) Customer service has been great.

I have the EEZRV system without a booster.  The senders have amazing range right out of the box.

I've had two other systems.  EEZ wins in my opinion.

thanks everybody.

John Beard, your post is what made me get off my behind and make the decision to get one, thank you.  I'd been kicking it around for some time.

I just wanted some valid opinions, good or bad, as you can't always believe everything you read in "reviews".

I'm ordering today.  8)

We have the EEZ  system and are very pleased. Have had great customer support from them. With a 42? 5W we do use a booster to make sure we don?t have connection problems.

Vicki

I bought the EEZ system. Good recommendations and extra sensors are about 1/2 the price of some other systems. User replaceable batteries was also a plus.

I also have the EEZ which I purchased in Quartzite in January. It was easy to set up and so far has performed very well. I haven?t had a need to call customer service so can?t comment on that. I chose them as they were the lowest price of the 3 or 4 major brands by about $100. I couldn?t find much difference to justify the higher price.

Sun2Retire said:
X2

I put on the TireMinder last year and found it to work well.  On a recent trip I got a "no signal" indication from a couple of sensors and realized I was due for a battery replacement.  I checked the offending sensors and found one to be so tightly screwed together that it took pliers to open it.  By the time I got it open I realized that it had a breached seal and needed replacement.  I put a call into TireMinder who cheerfully agreed to replace the damaged sensor for no charge if I sent it in. They reminded me that I was entitled to a full set of batteries and O-rings each year for no charge.  It was a delight in dealing with them. 

+25 on the EEzTire TPMS,  Installed it a year ago,  traveled about 14000 miles since without a hitch.  They just work, seem very accurate and I only had to call support once after I set the high pressure alarm too low and they went off on a very hot day traveling thru Yuma.  Took them a few seconds to walk me thru the change and then explained that I probably don't need to change the default high pressure setting.. Hey, I could so I did..  :-[

-Bill

PS.  I bought this one:  https://amzn.to/2GvDa1f  Ten sensor model so I could have them on the Toad too.  I installed the repeater in the back closet grabbing power from a 12v light in there.   

I have the EEZRV system without a booster on my 32ft Class C and when we got the toad, I bought 4 more sensors put on those tires and still no need of a booster. I have to change the batteries yearly and it takes some time to do.  I did have have some issues out of the box with 2 of 6 sensors having batteries that leaked and did some corrosion on the contacts.  I cleaned up and immediately replaced the other 4 batteries.  I suspect  the manuf used some pretty cheap batteries. Going 2 years now.

I'm glad to see a fresh thread on this...to see what the opinions are of the latest and greatest.
I bought the TST 507 system a couple years ago.  I see now that they have updated the display, but it looks to be basically the same I think.

Anyway, I've liked the TST system ok I guess....
I bought the flow through sensors, but now I think the cap sensors are probably better.  Flow through never really worked that well.  At first I had them installed on rigid extenders.  I had lots of problems I think all due to the extenders...not engaging the valve push rod well, or the pushrod being a bit too long damaging the little plastic numb in the sensor that pushes it... or maybe it was me overtightening...

Also had some premature battery leakage that ruined a couple, and a couple with bad or old o-rings that failed and let water in...
Anyway, I'm down to two of the original flow through and the rest have been replaced with caps.

Have had excellent customer service from TST

My only trial by fire....
had a tire come apart on me last year.  started getting a thump and of course started closely monitoring the TPMS while I looked for a safe place to get off the road.  Thump got progressively worse but no change in indication so I just slowed way way down and started for an exit as a safer place to pull off.  Just as I hit the decel lane....BOOM....then, beep beep beep.
I don't blame the TPMS, since the tire failure was not likely one of the failure modes that the thing is intended to monitor.

Anyway, a thread over on the thor forum set me to thinking.... one of my biggest gripes with my system is the way the indicator scrolls through each tire.  When there's an alarm you have to wait till it scrolls through all the tires to see if it's
a) the tire is flat so hit the shoulder NOW!
or b) the temp or pressure is just a nit above the high limit because I'm driving in the desert summer, and all I really need to do is to slow down and fins a SAFE place to pull over....

Wondering if there's a system out there that displays all the tires at the same time....

bar graph or something would be even better, so that at a glance you can see the tires relative to each other, movement or trends, etc...
Personally, I don't really car so much about the actual pressure number while I'm driving.  Love it for my preflight check, but while I'm driving it's too easy to get caught up in the minutia of the digits.

I found some corrosion on one of mine but I though it was more likely to have been a leak allowing some moisture to get to the battery.

Since then when I change the batteries I put some silicon lube on the o-rings.  No problems since.

Blw2,
You don't have to wait for the monitor to scroll through each tire. You can quickly scroll through them using the + or - buttons.

Back
Top Bottom