Winnebago Sightseer 2008 trailer harness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quiltercowgirl

Hello,
We have a 2008 Winnebago sightseer and when we hooked up to our jeep, the jeep lights, brakes, etc not working, note they did and have all worked previously.  We have searched for the trailer wiring harness diagram.  Any suggestions.  We have checked the fuses and all seem to be in order. Our friend/mechanic also checked them.
Looking for junction box that separate trailer lights from motor home lights.
Thank you for any suggestions

This won't help you much but my fuse box for the trailer hookups is under the most rear driver's side bay door. I have to remove a few screws and swing the panel up to access the box. If nobody here knows where yours is located, call or email Winnebago Owner's Relations.

Thank you, we did locate that, however, the problem still exists.  We are trying to obtain the Trailer wiring harness diagram.

Did you look here, for the wiring diagram(s)?  I found mine for our 2010 Vista - (harness connections provided by Ford, located on the right side frame rail at the rear most crossmember.  No junction box on mine - just harness connections.  Fuses located up front on the firewall, under the front access hood.
I know all this because the guys that installed my toad lights wiring pinched a wire under a screw  (partial ground) and the fuse uo front of the MH blew.  Think it was labeled trailer wiring.
edit - sorry, forgot the link.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring_Diagrams.htm

I'm not at all familiar with the electrical set up for connecting the toad to a MH. Is it the standard round 7 pin connecter or a 4 or 5 flat pin connecter. I would look at the ground where it's connected to the toad. If it's a poor connection, I'm thinking that would do it. Also check the ground inside the MH receptacle. It could be full of corrosion. You say they worked before so it must be something simple.

Back
Top Bottom