2018 Vista 29ve banging noise on roof over bumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvcooper

I`m hearing a pretty loud thud..  when I go over small bumps on my roof . Drivers side near the side wall about halfway down the coach.  Nothing is on that side.  AC is in the middle.  Any ideas what is IN the roof around that location that would make a pretty strong thud..  when I hit a bump.  Everything works, just can't figure out what's in the roof there ..

Thanks for the response,  unfortunately the antenna is in the front section.  This sounds like it's between the ceiling and the roof..

Is unit under warranty? If so, maybe you should take it in. Sounds like it could be some of the roof framing or internal duct work (if there is any) may have come loose. Maybe have someone stand near the area and try to pinpoint the source of the sound. And also apply pressure to various places on the ceiling or walls, to see if sound stops or is otherwise affected.

I doubt it is something inside the roof.  Winnebago builds the roof out of thick piece of white Styrofoam sandwiched between the thin layer of wood and fiberglass top piece and the inside layer of wood and fabric. 

Attachments

• 20151205_144511 Small.jpg
    20151205_144511 Small.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 58
It could be the big bundle of cables in the roof. That's how Winnebago gets connections between front and back.

Taking it back to the dealer today.  Still under warranty.  Hope they can find it !!  I'll repost once they locate the problem.  Thanks for everyone's advice..

One thing I forgot to mention, it is the side with the full bump out.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

rvcooper said:
One thing I forgot to mention, it is the side with the full bump out.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

When your SLIDE out is closed, does it look like the seals are being compressed?

Seals look ok,  took it to the dealer this morning,  went for a test drive.  The tech asked me to bump the slide out about an inch or two and drive back.  Noise gone... with the slide out a little.. so it's something to do with the bump out... get a tow package put on in two weeks for my little tow car.  They will look at it then.  I'll drop it off.. hopefully nothing major.  I can still drive it, everything works.. just a good thud when going over bumps..

I'm wondering if your slide mechanism was built by Lippert. When Winnie switched from Powergear to Lippert slides in 2012 (I think) people started complaining about a knocking noise behind and above the driver's seat. I don't remember the final verdict, but I know it drove a lot of people nuts (including the dealers who were trying to fix it.)

Kev

We are having the same problem. Did you find out what is happening? We could really use your input on this

I discovered that a banging noise was being caused by the LP hose banging the wall behind the oven.  Had the drawer out under the oven, and found the hose swinging there.  I put some nylon straps to hold it still, and the noise seems gone.  I have a 2017 29VE as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom