Joined the RV world 2weeks ago, 2 trips and 1500mi later...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humanaquarian

Well our first trip was local shakedown trip and it went to a trout park called Bennett Springs in Missouri all went pretty well forgot a few things kept the notebook and wrote them down it was a great trip and I actuality it rained a bit and it also had a little bit a chill so we got to test out the furnace and we learn pretty quickly that we?d rather cook outside bacon and after that we decided when we came home we go on a couple other trips while we were in Bennett Springs I play guitar by campfire and everyone around us was applauding all night. I should mention that it was also St. Patrick?s Day so they might?ve been an extra festive mood. One guy even came up and said he heard bad medical news that day and was happy that I played some of his old favorite country songs so that was good time.
Our next trip was the big one it was out-of-state down in Biloxi over my spring break I only had a few days available to go in those days available all around us where is raining. So I decide to take us down to Biloxi which isn?t too far from St. Louis Missouri and awfully wet. The next thing I know we?re spending the night and Wally were all. I gained a little bit more respect for Wally we?re all now that I know they invite RV campers to their spot it was pretty nice. I should not hear that we traveled with a little bit of fresh water in the tank just for bathroom breaks inside. We also bought plenty of boiled peanuts route summary?s and had lunch along the way at a couple stops. The morning we woke up at Walmart parking lot I?ve decided to check the air pressure I should?ve checked before we left but I didn?t have time so when I check that I noticed the two inner tire showed zero Psi  and one of the tires was extremely dial down to 40 psi. So luckily it with the help of Google we found a tire shop not even a half a mile away drove it there and they were able to look at my RV. Well the first thing he said was these extender do you have a bad and you should take them off. I figured as much and meant to take them off but I figured if the hell there maybe I keep them because they are convenient. Well they checked on the first time and I got them back and Lance love to extend are still on so I check the tire pressure and I?m sure enough some of them were low so I told him hey I waited two hours for you to take these off and I come back and there?s two still on !  Know if I?d known for sure was the extender valves leaking I was just talking about myself but it did prove to be quite a John just got to take off the side of the other tires to get to the two in her tires and I?m glad that I didn?t try it myself. So next thing you know waiting around again and he?s got it back and he says well my boss told me to hurry up fill it with air and get you down the road we don?t like him very much but I?m going to take care of you so I got to sit and talk with this guy on the side of the garage Wally really bad double check to make sure there are no leaks took off all extenders everything aired up to the proper pressure and then off we went. So off to Biloxi and we picked up some boiled peanuts and we have some fairly bumpy roads on the way down some state highway?s. We quickly realize that taking Rvwas much different than take in the car which we did last time.
Lesson learned we would be taking the state I was home for a much smoother and safer ride so even though it said it was longer and actually ended up being shorter because of all the stoplights on the state highways. We enjoyed a few days down to Biloxi it was beautiful weather we avoided all the rain and we stayed at an RV park called Art Biloxi RV beach resort it was a newer facility and it was kind of nice they didn?t take the trash out much and I let the dogs fill out the dog yard with dog Doodoo but other than that it was a nice facility and our first experience camping with exclusive RV campers so we got to know quite a few folks. On the way back I check the air pressure before we left checked all systems drained everything and make sure we sanitizer  all systems and after we left everything went pretty smooth drove up the highway decided to stop off at a state park instead of driving the entire 12 hours we split it up to six hour trips everything went swimmingly. Third couple haircuts the window shade fell down at some point which are easily repaired with a screw in a drill when I got home and we noticed that the water tank sensors on the gray water in the black water we?re not operating properly which I promptly brought back to the place we bought it from when I got home and they fixed it no charge. Unfortunately that ended our trip I was going to go out for a couple more days but it?s raining so much here in Missouri that I couldn?t get back out and next week is supposed to be in the 30s for quite a few number day so I decided to re-winterize again for the second time . All in all I would say is a very good trip the best money we?ve ever spent have you followed my process on buying this used unit and threads before this one you?ll know that I did my due diligence and had it inspected and make sure everything was fixed before we went out I really love this coach been Concorde it?s a beautiful rack perfect size for us it handles the hills well it?s small it?s personal and has everything we need with high-quality components. Other than the sensors being off and I went to shade falling everything operated as it should we were quite comfortable in our first RV experiences of the year of our lives actually and can?t wait to get back out there. I was sad to clean it down and read D winterize and put it back up I was hoping To get Back out this weekend but unfortunately I couldn?t because of the rain but all in all had a great time can?t wait to get back out there learn some things and now I feel like I am familiar with all the systems I am quite thankful for this website because it save me a lot of headaches I was well prepared although not fully prepared because no one can ever be fully prepared for every situation but I will say I was at least 80% prepared thanks again and happy travels can?t wait to post more later adventures..
this was all text to talk...

I need to go to gibberish school, I don't understand any of this.

I followed quite a bit of it, but it reads as if Siri (or some other dictation software) was used, but without proofreading, so some spots don't make much sense, for example, "The next thing I know we?re spending the night and Wally were all."

As I go to post, I see "this was all text to talk..." added, but it really needs proofreading before posting.

Text to talk after a 6 pack?  ;)

Oh and did you get any ants in your RV?  They can be tuff to get rid of so go ahead and call your uncles and see if they can come in and take the batteries and so we all had good time but still that screw was all we could take and it ended are trip for this time butt then the road straightened out and so I was like oh you have to put the jacks up before you brush your teeth didn't seem like it should matter but I use aqua fresh and thats why they call me the humanAQUArium  yeah toothpaste.

;D ;D

Haha, you guys kill me. I?ll proof read it when I?m on a computer and not my phone. Just thought I?d try the text to talk ...

Yeah, I tried to read it. No punctuation/paragraphs was killing me. I got aggravated, because I was interested in reading it all.

When I see something that lengthy or even half as long, I don't even look at it.  That's just me.

Humanaquarian,
There is a separate area at the bottom of the main page of this forum. You can go there and experiment all you want. Nobody reads that crap. And you would not be bothering the rest of us.

Humanaquarian said:
Haha, you guys kill me. I?ll proof read it when I?m on a computer and not my phone. Just thought I?d try the text to talk ...

We appreciate you trying to share some information, but no one gets paid to read or respond on this forum, so making it readable needs to be a priority prior to posting. So, as Chas says, you might want to use the test section at the bottom for this stuff.

Humanaquarian said:
Well our first trip was local shakedown trip ....
this was all text to talk...

I really tried to give your shakedown summary a read,  but I could not.  I wonder if  you say  PERIOD at  end of sentences will it add punctuation?  I also wonder what happens if you say "new  paragraph"  to  add  space between print. I sense  you had a great time and have stories to tell but with the format you've selected, I fear most of us may miss  your experience and the effort  you put into telling it.

There is  nothing like a good proofread before a post!

No need to delete it, we are just trying to help you. We have had several people come into this forum and attempt to use teenage slang like U R Kool. And we basically shouted them down. We speak English here and we like everything to be easy to read. You should be able to hit the modify button in the first post and add the punctuation to make it more readable.

All Right - I think he got the point.  Let's be the friendliest place on the web for anyone interested in Rving! :) :D

Thanks KandT. I was thinking like you when I read all of the responses. They were making me very uncomfortable. We need to be kind and helpful, not snarky and critical.

Hope you keep posting humanaquarian.

Hey, I' ve enjoyed your posts.  Well, MOST of them! :D

At least you found a NEW way to keep us all entertained!  Live and learn!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom