rocking of coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cliff Lewis said:
  36 Winnebago Journey coach always rocks no matter how I do hydraulic legs. Any ideas?
Keep in mind the entire coach is being supported by 4 puny little legs(the hydraulic jacks).  To keep if from moving, you would need to put it up on blocks like you see the 60 foot long mobile homes that generally never get moved.  Blocks on each corner, and some blocks along the way between the front and rear.

With my jacks extended enough, my coach will not rock. If you put the jacks down in warm or hot weather, the fluid is expanded to some degree. When the fluid cools the jacks can slightly retract and then we will notice a little movement while walking around the coach - then I have 'tweak' the jacks and extend them a bit more.

Agree with John - the coach should not rock with the hydraulic jacks deployed.  If there is still some jiggle, push the jacks down a bit further (raise the coach another inch or two) to put more weight on the jacks.

I'll mention one caveat, though. Folks who are accustomed to homes or apartments that have concrete slab floors often find any suspended wood floor to be unnerving. The natural flex of the wood between the metal cross-braces is enough to make them feel like the floor is moving around..

One more point to add to Gary's comment - unless the RV space is a concrete pad or highly compacted gravel, the jacks can sink a little to a lot with enough force. If we are going to stay on one place more than a couple of days, I use indestructible jack pads unless we're on concrete.

If you are in a very out of level situation, there will be considerably more pressure on the pair of jacks that get extended to level out the coach. That pair can sink a bunch even on good compacted gravel.

Have you tried a 2X8 under the jack legs?  Also, if I am in the same spot I will usually fire the engine up after a few days and tell it to relieved itself.  I figure most hydro fitting lose pressure over time.

Thank you all. I have owned my Journey four years. It never is very solid even when on concrete. I will try all suggestions again.
Thanks again,
Cliff

Back
Top Bottom