Any western Washington state RVer's here, need advice on RV parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradvoorhees

I'm busy trying to schedule our next 4 to five months with some Motorhome time.
If anyone has some western Washington RV parks or destinations that you feel is worth recommending please advise.

So far I've got Port Hudson in port townsend for 5 days in June, in July we have Cannon Beach Oregon and in August we have Pacific beach north of Ocean shores.

I'm looking for someplace for April & May probably a need for Sept as well.

Were new to this and my wife wants to be close to water so if ya have any place please feel free to tell me, it does not have to be by water, but water views a plus.
thanks

I have camped a lot in Washington and my all time favorite campground in the whole country is located there, it is called Goodell campground at North Cascades National Park. It might be tight with your Beaver. I did fit a 39 footer in there. Located right on the Skagit River. Site number 20 has a short walk to a great white sand beach on the Skagit.

SeilerBird , thanks for the rv site. When ya said tight that got my attention , with my 6 months experience  with this MH I do my best to avoid that situation, but the place looks pretty cool. I did some googling and it looks intriguing, a lot of my earlier years with travel trailers were along side rivers. Icicle creek, Wenatchee, American river by bumping lake, little naches etc. Loved it. But with this rig I want to stay on asphalt :).

PS, thanks for the links of the pics, very nice.

Grayland state park and Cape Disappointment Are quiet and clean with great beach walks.  The state parks website is easy to use.  After April it's hard to book on short notice.

I don't know a lot about RV parks since I primarily use Washington and Oregon State Parks.
Cape Disappointment mentioned above is one of the biggest and nicest and has some sites just steps from the beach.
Fort Stevens is just across the Columbia River in NW Oregon and is a huge park that even has a herd of elk living within the park. It's probably close to a mile to the beach from most campsites.
Birch Bay State Park is on the water,but not the coast.It's just off I-5 not too far from the Canadian border. I stay there often as it's just 8 miles from my home.Great weekend getaway without getting away too far.
If I remember right Pacific Beach is right on the water,but pretty open with not much privacy.

Both state parks websites are pretty good.
https://washington.goingtocamp.com/Home.aspx
https://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=visit.dsp_find

April and May you might not need reservations.September you most likely will need reservations.

Deception Pass State Park is not to be missed.  On the water, lots of trails and even
year around fishing in the lake.  Next to Goodel creek is the North Cascade visitor Center
and campground.  The Skagit County Park in Rockport is nice and right on the river.  Down
river near Concrete is Rasar State Park.  All popular parks so plan ahead. Reservations
recommended.

mypursuit said:
Deception Pass State Park is not to be missed.  On the water, lots of trails and even
year around fishing in the lake.  Next to Goodel creek is the North Cascade visitor Center
and campground.  The Skagit County Park in Rockport is nice and right on the river.  Down
river near Concrete is Rasar State Park.  All popular parks so plan ahead. Reservations
recommended.

I agree on all these places.

Thanks to all who gave me these recommendations , some look very interesting and I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks again.

There are several decent-to-nice RV parks just north of Ocean Shores in Ocean City.
Screaming Eagle is pretty...rustic, but fairly quiet and convemiently located, Ocean City RV Resort is perhaps our favorite, but tends to be popular...so getting reservations can be difficult.
https://www.facebook.com/OceanCityRVResort/

One of our favorites is Columbia Riverfront RV Park  in Woodland, WA. It is right on the Columbia River. There are 3 acres of lawn between the parking area and the river. Lots of ships and boats pass by on their way to and from the Port of Portland. The park has consistently been on the Good Sam list of the top 100 parks in the US: good wi-fi, FHU, cable TV, beautiful grounds and friendly staff. The sunsets are spectacular. Lots of people fish for salmon from the shore. Our dog loves to go walkies on the river bank, which is like a sandy beach.

http://www.timberlakecampgroundandrvpark.com/

If you are looking for something on the Columbia River to see the Gorge.

bradvoorhees said:
I'm busy trying to schedule our next 4 to five months with some Motorhome time.
If anyone has some western Washington RV parks or destinations that you feel is worth recommending please advise.

So far I've got Port Hudson in port townsend for 5 days in June, in July we have Cannon Beach Oregon and in August we have Pacific beach north of Ocean shores.

I'm looking for someplace for April & May probably a need for Sept as well.

Were new to this and my wife wants to be close to water so if ya have any place please feel free to tell me, it does not have to be by water, but water views a plus.
thanks
We stayed at Ike Kinswa State Park which is on a nice lake.  There was a Good Sam park nearby too. We used this as a base to explore Mt St Helens and Mr Rainier. It was a very quiet place.

http://parks.state.wa.us/519/Ike-Kinswa

Dosewallops State Park on Hood Canal is very nice with some excellent clamming and oyster harvesting during the low tides of late summer. Also Fort Flagler State Park near Port Townsend but all WA and OR state parks are jammed during the summer and reservations need to be made NOW.

Summer doesn't really start in the NW until July, so keep that in mind. Safe travels

Tom and Margi said:
No, no, no, Tom.  Some of our most wonderful months are September and October.  :D
One of my relatives lives in Everett Washington and he told me there are only two seasons in the NW, winter and July. ;D

It is now April and will soon be May.  Check your radar map over the next few weeks and you will see that any place along the coast will be very rainy. In fact, it is common for most places to get 4-6 inches of rain each of those months. It will also be chilly in April and May--as in highs of 50 degrees. 

I am in Eugene, OR, right now, and while most of the rain in north right now, it is plenty rainy here.  Just so you know. 

Tom and Margi said:
No, no, no, Tom.  Some of our most wonderful months are September and October.  :D

I know your kidding, but actually for 3 or 4 months (July-October) there is probably no nicer nor beautiful place to be. But you better start south by mid October. And its pretty nice to have daylight till nearly 10 in the middle of summer.

jscook said:
Grayland state park and Cape Disappointment Are quiet and clean with great beach walks.  The state parks website is easy to use.  After April it's hard to book on short notice.
Grayland gets my vote too. Nice campsite a short walking distance to an incredible beach. We also enjoyed Twin Harbors State Park, only complaint was the odd sewer hookup arrangement at the site. The dump was on the right side at our site and for some reason had an elbow above ground level instead of the normal flush cap.

Back
Top Bottom