Savannah GA day and overnight parking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blw2

I'm staying in a hotel close to the Visitor's Center.  I'd remembered reading some time back on allstays that the have RV spaces and allow overnight parking.  Recent reports on allstays now confirm no overnight parking.

I walked over this evening to check it out.  Confirming, No Parking past 6:30PM

and I'll add that the signs say any vehicle there after 6:30 will be ticketed.  There were two cars I saw in the lot with what looked like tickets in the wipers.  One enclosed utility type trailer unhitched in an RV lot.  I didn't think to look to see if it was ticketed.  The class C I saw pulling in after hours from the hotel window looked to likely be parked just for a stroll into town for dinner.

I ran into a local couple walking by as I was leaving and they asked me about the lot.  They didn't know about the new rule.  We discussed because they were upset that the lot was sitting empty while car parking was so hard to find in town, and said that she would be contacting them to complain.  They were RV'ers too.  I commented that it's a shame because RV'ers would like to be able to visit the city for day and 1 night overnight trips.....or even just for dinner.  We both speculated that it was likely bad apples staying too long, dropping trash, or worse....

Apparently no other RV parking in town for dinner or overnight as far as I can tell.  Nothing in walking distance of the downtown historic area, and No nearby walmarts even.

I plan to visit the center tomorrow and will look for someone to talk with about it.  Such a shame that there aren't options for RV'ers to visit the city even for dinner.

Oh, the RV spaces are about 10 steps long, so roughly 25-30 ft I'd guess, and back in.  Other spaces in the lot are standard open spaces with no bumper curbs so I'd assume larger rigs could likely pull through if they weren't busy and full.  It is a pay lot so likely rules about that.....

I wish I could afford to buy land in these types of places and set up down and dirty overnight type RV lots in walking distance to these tourist spots.  Seems like it could be a good business.

That is a bummer! Overnighted in that lot last year on the way to FL with my mom. We had a great day and evening there. I'm sad to hear it is no longer an option. Thanks for posting the update.

Well you can always skip Savannah and take your money and rig to downtown Charleston SC. They have 24 hour parking for RV's in the heart of town for about $10

Most towns I want to see, I just go during daytime to park and sight see and dine.

Shame to hear that Savannah has changed this.

update, that RV that pulled in after hours stayed the night.  I have no idea if he was ticketed...I'd doubt it.  They pulled in after hours and were gone around 7AM or 8AM....but they were there when I woke.  I wouldn't do that though, since it's clearly marked....

And another FYI, Later in the day we were over there, and another RV a four winds, same length as mine was in a space.  The long rear overhang was over the sidewalk behind the spaces, and it just fit....so my 32ft E-450 is about the size limit of the spaces.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winger84
Back
Top Bottom