EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Need Help Choosing New Trailer  (Read 15875 times)

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Need Help Choosing New Trailer
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 10:52:36 PM »
LOL Carl, Canadian Tire doesn't sell tires. But your question is still a valid one.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

CdnBea

• ---
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005, 10:11:55 AM »
I hope your tire company has someone who knows how to set the rascal up.

;D It isn't just a tire store  ;)  Dealer #1 is throwing in a WD w/ sway bars for 'free' so  I'll just use that one and save up for an Equil-i-zer (seems by reading people really recommend thos) unless it's the same price as the other one you recommended. By they time that gets over the boarder w/ the low Cdn dollar, suty etc  I'm looking at $4 000 and up Canadian. I've found a dealer that sells the Equil-ilzer (sp?) here in town. I just have to price it out.

I"m waiting to hear back from the 1st dealer (closer to town) if he's going to match what the other dealer will sell for.

Thanks again!
Bea

Carl L

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2005, 03:41:25 PM »
Dealer #1 is throwing in a WD w/ sway bars for 'free' so  I'll just use that one and save up for an Equil-i-zer (seems by reading people really recommend thos) unless it's the same price as the other one you recommended. By they time that gets over the boarder w/ the low Cdn dollar, suty etc  I'm looking at $4 000 and up Canadian. I've found a dealer that sells the Equil-ilzer (sp?) here in town. I just have to price it out.

Looked up the Equal-i-zer at http://www.equalizerhitch.com/.    Go to their installation instructions and peruse them.   You are going to need someone savvy to do that installation for you.   He should also instruct you in hitching and unhitching.   Do keep a set of those installation instructions for future reference.

Since weight distribution and anti-sway mechanism is a matter of safety as we as driving comfort, be leery of 'free'.    There may be no such thing as 'free' but there sure as hell is such a thing as 'cheap'. 

BTW looking at that Equalizer rig, you won't need a cheater pipe but you will really, really, like a power jack.
Carl L/LA   [Forum Staff]  KI6SEZ

Prowler 23LV TT pulled by a '95 Ford Bronco

CdnBea

• ---
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2005, 06:14:19 PM »
Thanks Carl. I may get the dealer to give me the power hitch and I'll have them install the Reese HD kit you mentioned.
I' have been reading so many posts and trying to research each component (WD, Brakes, etc).
The only place I can find a Reese HD right now is Canadian Tire (LOL) . I"m still looking.

Bea

Carl L

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2005, 06:19:28 PM »
Thanks Carl. I may get the dealer to give me the power hitch and I'll have them install the Reese HD kit you mentioned.
I' have been reading so many posts and trying to research each component (WD, Brakes, etc).
The only place I can find a Reese HD right now is Canadian Tire (LOL) . I"m still looking.

Bea

Well good hunting.   I suspect you are getting a bit too much information by now.  We have all given you lots of recipes for bear stew -- now all you have to do is shoot the bear.   ;)

CdnBea

• ---
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2005, 12:43:19 PM »
Well good hunting.   I suspect you are getting a bit too much information by now.  We have all given you lots of recipes for bear stew -- now all you have to do is shoot the bear.   ;)

I shot the bear this morning. Getting the trailer at the price of the second dealer but through the first dealer.

YAY!
Bea

Carl L

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2005, 12:47:31 PM »
I shot the bear this morning. Getting the trailer at the price of the second dealer but through the first dealer.

YAY!
Bea

Enjoy your bear stew.   ;D

CdnBea

• ---
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2005, 01:20:56 PM »
I will!!!
I'll be back soon tho, I'm sure. I still have questions.

Thanks again so much for all teh help and advice!

You all empowered me.

Bea

quapaw

• ---
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2005, 07:57:29 PM »
One factor you might keep in mind:  You do not have to travel with a full tank of water.  If boondocking, you may want to carry a bit more but most campgrounds have water available.  Water is probably the heaviest item you haul.  Fifteen percent hitch weight and good distribution of the weight is important.  You do not need all the stuff you are going to haul in that trailer/truck combo.  Unless you are boondocking, take only the essentials of food.  There are grocery stores everywhere.  Properly installed, most of the hitches are adequate.  Remember, you are not driving a car.  It takes more time to accellerate and to stop.  Good mirrors, lots of them are out there, are essential.  No unit is perfect.  Most dealers sell, only the good ones service.  RV salesmen/ women are like politicians.  If their lips are moving, they're lying.   ::)  This stuff ain't rocket science. 

Hosted by Over The Network