Chevy help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebutcher95

I own a 2016 chevy 6.6 TD. My dif fluide was at 30 on thrsday i added almost 5 gallons. On friday i drove about 5 miles. Saturday morning i got in my truck the check ingine light was on and the dif fluid light was on. Telling me i had 80 miles till i could only go 65 MPH. Also my automatic starter is not working. But my DIF tank is full. What gives?????

It's called DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid)
I wish I could help you but I can't. I have a diesel but never had that problem.  I did have issue 2 or 3 times and it was one of the O2 sensors going bad. I would also get the check engine light.

I hope you didn't fill your DEF tank with DIF fluid or you will have a huge bill. If you filled with DEF fluid take it to the dealer as it will be warranty.

Not sure what DIF is, but you probably meant DEF.
After refilling the DEF tank the level indication doesn't always reset right away so maybe 5 miles wasn't enough to reset it. However, I had a similar sounding problem with my DEF indication on my '16 GMC Duramax and it would not reset so I took it to the dealer and they had to do some sort of reset in the error codes to get the DEF to reset.
The other 2 errors could be related, or may be unrelated. I believe all 3 are covered under warranty so your dealer should get them taken care of for you at no charge.

My remote starter is not working as well wich leads me to believe. That it may be a sensor. Thoughts???

On the newer GM vehicles that have the remote start function, if there is a check engine light related to the emissions system, or many other trouble code set in the computer system, it will disable the remote start feature.

First, there's no help for Chevy.  I'M KIDDING GUYS! Well I can't imagine how the DEF sensor and remote start could be related.  On the Ford side, this seems to be a sensor in the DEF tank.  But I have never heard of it affecting remote start.  When you say it's not working, what exactly is it doing?  The only reason I ask is because on my Dodge Charger, if the fuel light is on (meaning you're close to empty), remote start will shut off the engine right after it starts it (once the fuel light pops on).  It can't be used until you have enough fuel to turn off the light.

It is a guess that the remote start and sensor are related. On my 05 gasser my fuel tank  sensor was bad. So my remote start was not working because of this. Thats what the teck at the the dealer told me. 

Back
Top Bottom