'15 Wrangler with a Patriot II brake system...problems and questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sorrel1

We had our first trip flat towing my 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited behind a 2016 Class C 33' Coachmen Freelander (Ford Chassis, 7500# towing capability). We purchased a new Blue Ox Patriot II braking system, which I had some difficulty installing.  The seat adjustment bar under the seat of the Jeep sticks out a bit further than the seat, which interfered with how the brake system sat against the seat.  I ended up putting a 2x4 between the seat and the brake so that the brake would have a flush surface to push against.  We did have issues, at our destination I noticed the front brakes smelled warm, not horribly hot, but warmer than they should have been. On the return trip the brake system locked up the Jeep brakes for a second when we hit a bump that tossed the motorhome and the Jeep to the side a bit. We pulled off as soon as we could and I had to reposition the brake system as it became cockeyed. However, it just doesn't want to stay put nor is it getting a good push against the seat when it needs to. Good thing is, every time I checked it on the way back I never noticed the warm brakes smell again.

Now, I don't know what to think about the Patriot II system.  It worked as needed, but it needs something to help it sit correctly against the seat.  Has anyone run into this issue and come up with a fix?  Any ideas?  Thanks! Stacey

I use a built-in system...U.S.Gear. That would be my suggested fix.

However I don't think you'll switch so my thought is....carry an IR gun and shoot your brakes every time you stop.

For a short period of time we towed a '15 Wrangler JK with the Brake Buddy system. I used a couple of bungee cords to hold the Brake Buddy in place, as we had the same issue with the unit moving around a bit.

Corky

Back
Top Bottom