Water in fuel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZinLuvR

Just had the coach serviced at Speedco, oil, filters, lube etc...  When leaving the "water in fuel" icon stayed lit after starting.  I figured it was just something that would clear.  Coach runs fine, starts, no problem.  However, the darn light stays on??  Currently in a RV park where I'm can't get out on my cell phone to call Speedco to fine out what the problem might be.  Any ideas on what caused this icon to light and how do I clear it.  2009 Monaco Dynasty ISM 500.  Not sweating it, like I said, starts and runs just fine, no difference between before and after service, just the icon light.  Just no way water could have gotten in the fuel system while in the service bay at Speedco.  ????

Most likely they forgot to re-connect the wire to the new fuel filter/separator or it is not making solid contact. Find the filter and plug the wire in firmly.

Thanks guys, I'll check it out.  Little disappointed since Speedco came highly recommended, but things happen.

I had Speedco do my last oil change and that will be the last business they get from me. They overfilled the oil by 2 quarts. I also, had them do the generator service.  They didn't have a fuel filter for my generator,  but charged me the full price for the service.

No more water in fuel icon, it was wiring connection.  Speedco did my gen as well.  Didn't have the oil filter, but took that off the service price.  BUT, they must not have primed after fuel filter was changed, or something, gen won't start now.  I have no tools with me on this trip, flew in to pick this coach up, only have my clothes.  Trying to get a mechanic out today.  Yea, I'll probably skip Speedco from now on.  For $450 for the services I should not have to check loose wires or prime my generator.  :mad:  Thanks for the tip about the wires to all that replied.  :)

ZinLuvR said:
No more water in fuel icon, it was wiring connection.  Speedco did my gen as well.  Didn't have the oil filter, but took that off the service price.  BUT, they must not have primed after fuel filter was changed, or something, gen won't start now.  I have no tools with me on this trip, flew in to pick this coach up, only have my clothes.  Trying to get a mechanic out today.  Yea, I'll probably skip Speedco from now on.  For $450 for the services I should not have to check loose wires or prime my generator.  :mad:  Thanks for the tip about the wires to all that replied.  :)

To be fair, you did drive away with the warning light on. Had they been aware of the problem, Speedco would have addressed the issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom