Tire warning light on dash board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobcl

So yesterday, we pickup our new and our first RV, a 2018 Rockwood 2509S. It was a 100+ mile trip back home. About halfway home, the tire warning light on the dash of my truck lit up and flashed all the way home. As soon as I noticed it we pulled over and checked every tire on the truck.  I filled each tire Friday evening to 35 psi so they would be uniformly filled for the Saturday trip. Each tire was a little warm but not hot and the pressure was just a few pounds higher than the 35 psi I set.  I also checked the trailer tires but not the pressure. The dealer topped off each to 65 psi before we left the lot. They too were warm and nothing unusual was noted.  We continued home and checked the tires two more times but found nothing wrong.

Does anyone know what would cause this situation?

PS, the RV tires are Castle Rock ST Radial ST226 made in China, and there are four plus the spare. That worries me a bit as I?ve heard some reference to ?China Bombs? and wonder if anyone has heard of this brand and what type of reputation they might have.

Probably pressure sensor in tire. How old is the pickup? Pressure sensor batteries usually good for 7-10 years.

It?s a 2006 Thundra. I didn?t even know it had a sensor.  It didn?t say a specific tire just a flashing tire symbol. Any chance you might know where I can look for the battery and sensor?

You should check the recommended pressure on the truck tires. Sticker on B-Pillar. Def\pending on what type of tires it can be as high as 80psi also rear can be higher than fromt.

Take a look here

https://itstillruns.com/reset-light-2006-toyota-tundra-7309156.html

Do have the owners manual? Apparently the Tundra monitors the air in the spare tire also. Batteries for tpms inside tire on valve stem.

Two comments:
Re: Monitoring SPARE.. Proper inflation of the spare (Unless you pack a compressor) is important.  Last time I had to blow up my spacesaver spare the fuse blew at 45PSI, tire takes 60.  (I stock fuses so no problem and even known which one it is).

Second: Two different TPMS systems factory one  is as described above (Radio transmitters sending PSI to car's receiver)

The other kind monitors the ABS sensors and tire rotation speed. a "low" tire will be smaller than the other 3 and thus will spin faster  In some respects I like that system because the battery never dies (Well. almost never, it's the engine alternator)

Back
Top Bottom