April... fools?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottydl

Site Team
I'm getting a little itchy for RV season here in the Midwest.  And then today (April 1st, Easter Sunday, the day for reminders of new beginnings)... the skies open up white and we get this (again) -- Record snowfall for April Fool's Day.  That's an article from central IN but central IL is looking the same.  And it's no April Fool's joke!  :p

Spring?  Hello?  Anyone there??  :D

scottydl said:
Spring?  Hello?  Anyone there??  :D

Just when you thought you could plant the tomatoes...  ;)

I lost so much stuff in the vegetable garden when I lived in PA - always as a result of thinking, "this has to be the last frost" to which the response always seemed to be, "oh ya, watch this!"

I recall watching my daughters hunting Easter eggs in the snow, except that one time where visibility got so bad I couldn't see them

Yup, and Minnesota's getting dumped on again over the next couple of days.  Its the winter that never ends and Im so glad Im not there.

Lou Schneider said:
Powder or wet snow?

Highs low 30s, lows 10s to 20s. Wet, oh ya, sloppy wet. Followed by brown snow and slush everywhere. Spring in the rust belt.

Just remember.. Per our leaders.. Climate change is a myth.

I must admit this has been the strangest winter I've seen in a long time.. I think here in SC in the past I've used Air Conditioning more than heat. This year I've used A/C about 10 days and only one of 'em most of the time, ONly needed both liek 1 or 2 days.

Mother nature is not playing nice here either. Woke up to snow yesterday and this morning although yesterday's was gone by mid afternoon. I see that groundhog he's gonna get it!!

Roy M said:
Mother nature is not playing nice here either. ......... . I see that groundhog he's gonna get it!!

I've been watching for him too!  :mad:  4" Sunday with 5 more expected this weekend... "onion snow" they call it..

And just when I thought I liked onions...

John From Detroit said:
Just remember.. Per our leaders.. Climate change is a myth.

On the contrary, these trends are obvious that the climate is constantly changing!  ;)  This winter has certainly been reminiscent of my winters as a kid... it was cold and snowed a lot every year and that's just how it was.  The last 15-20 years things were a bit "warmer" but now the pendulum seems to be swinging back the other way.  Everything old comes back into fashion eventually, right?  Just have to live with it day-to-day and can't put away the shovels / snowblower / driveway icemelt quite yet.

The April Fools broadcasts were well underway before the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom