Storage box options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DLMcDevitt

I just took ownership of a 2017 Gulfstream Class C. Does anyone have any recommendations for a tow hitch storage box? My spare tire is not mounted and takes up valuable storage space. I was thinking of adding a storage box that could mount to the toe hitch. Thanks for any thoughts!

The first thing I thought of is "do you have a back door on your storage area that will be blocked by a storage box in the hitch?" If so, you may want to consider a drop down spare tire carrier.

Maybe something similar to this:

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Cargo/Roadmaster/RM-195225.html

This is just the first one I saw, I'm sure there's many different ones out there.

I ended up putting my spare tire in the basement so I had more room outback for my storage box and bike rack. When I did have a flat, it was the beefy repairman that had to man handle the spare out of the far corner of the basement. When I bought a replacement, I had the guys stuff it back in there for me.

Below are two pics. At first I installed a folding cargo carrier. Then I put in a dual hitch so I could put the carrier on the upper hitch.  This made it easier not to scrape going in and out of sharply angled parking lots.

Next I decided to tie the sides of the cargo box down so that it would not bounce off by accident. Eventually I added crates, also tied down to either end. Typically I put my water hoses in one and in the other leftover fire wood or the mini poop tank.

I can't find my pic where I finally moved the tire and installed my bicycle between the toy box and rig.

Attachments

• smart bin on cargo rack.jpg
    smart bin on cargo rack.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 25
  • toy box-.jpg
    toy box-.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 22
Below is a link to a pic of what my door situation is, hence my reply, the pic is not my RV, but similar.

https://www.mwrvcenter.com/uploads/inventory_images/2015-Coachmen-Leprechaun-319DS-3768-7369.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom