Newbie Question - Battery Disconnect and Battery Inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate in FL

Hello all;

Our trailer (2018 Lacrosse Luxury Lite) is equipped with a battery power inverter which converts 12 volts from the RV battery to 110 volts to run the refrigerator during travel. The switch to turn on and off the inverter is located to the left of the master bed... which is not accessible when the slides of the RV are closed. Our trailer also has a battery disconnect on  the outside of the trailer.

My question is this:  If I turn the battery disconnet to the "battery off" position will this also cut off the battery power to the inverter?

I ask because, if so, I would like to leave the inverter in the "on" position during storage so that I can just turn the battery disconnect to the "battery on" position when picking up from storage to allow power to the fridge without the need to opening the slides.

Is this the way it works? I do not want to leave the inverter on if it will continue to provide power to the fridge and drain the battery even if the battery disconnect is set to the "battery off" position. Thanks!

Nate

Welcome to the forum Nate.
Shut off your disconnect switch and then open the door to the fridge and see if the light comes on.

"The way it works" is whatever the Lacrosse designers decided when they engineered the electrical system.  Typically an inverter would be hard-wired the the battery bank, but it's by no means a standard or required.

Use Rene's suggestion to get a quick and easy answer to how your particular rig is set up. Do it with shore power DISconnected, because some inverters have a built-in transfer switch that can draw 120v from shore power when available.

Back
Top Bottom