Toilet Paper-Fold or Wad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a professor in Forestry School who was always telling us students how he never used paper when he was working in the woods.  He just used leaves to save paper.  We were doing some field work in Arizona when he used some Poison Ivy leaves one day.  He missed a couple weeks of work!

True story: My grandparents lived in the high desert and had an outhouse.  There was always a Sears & Roebuck catalog in there.  I asked Grandma if Grandpa liked looking at the lingerie section.  She said "Oh heavens no!  It's cheaper than toilet paper".

8Muddypaws said:
True story: My grandparents lived in the high desert and had an outhouse.  There was always a Sears & Roebuck catalog in there.  I asked Grandma if Grandpa liked looking at the lingerie section.  She said "Oh heavens no!  It's cheaper than toilet paper".

Yep! It was a sad time at my grandmother's farm when Sears switched from newsprint to glossy paper in their catalogs.  :'(

All I ever saw was glossy.  But newsprint would have been far less manly than glossy pictures of tractors.

Yep, the older catalogs were printed on very light (and softer) newsprint grade paper with just the covers on a heavier stock. The lighter paper kept mailing costs down and didn't go away until the USPS started offering lower bulk rates that made the heavier glossy stock worth the extra cost and weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom