Ocean Front Camping/RV'ng

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Hi All, I have stumbled across some really nice looking RV sites/ resorts etc. Here is one that looks really neice.
https://www.oceanlakes.com/

We are staying at Deleware Seashore state park this July for the first time. Question: Does anyone have any good sites or search suggestions on where to find more Ocean Front R.V. parks? I would love to stay in the Keys but from the research I have done they are rebuilding all of their beaches after the Hurricane. I'm basically looking for anything beach front on the East Coast. Thanks everyone.

Mike

"Parking lot" parks like Ocean Lakes are a major turn off for us, but we do like ocean front parks like Ft Clinch State Park in Florida. The beach area in front of our coach featured a daily "deer parade" that you're unlikely to see in a parking lot park.

View from our front window:

Attachments

• 100_7056.JPG
    100_7056.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 58
South Carolina has awesome state parks at the beach.

Hunting Island
Huntington Beach
Edisto Island
Myrtle Beach

All of these are on or in walking distance of fabulous white sandy beaches. I've been to all of them and would go back to all in a heartbeat!

Also stayed at Jekyll Island in Georgia and biked to different beaches daily. Bridge toll is pricey so we stocked up and stayed on island the entire time.

Last year stayed at John Pennekamp in the Keys, and beach was ho hum but we drove to other beaches.  Mostly we went to dog friendly beaches so our canine could have a romp, he loves the beach!

This May going to Bahia Honda for 2 weeks in the Keys and hoping to reach beaches by foot, paw and bicycle.

As soon as Hunting Island in SC opens back up I am booking 2 weeks there!

I typed in Assateague Island camping and this came up:

https://www.google.com/search?q=assateague%20rv%20camping&oq=assateugue+rv+camping&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.6903j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=38267534,-75133883,4566&tbm=lcl&rldimm=7725262267054128051&ved=0ahUKEwjEtdaR26DaAhUF1oMKHdmACUoQvS4IUjAB&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:1#rlfi=hd:;si:7725262267054128051;mv:!1m3!1d303680.6794518082!2d-75.2669524!3d38.18395015!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i307!2i581!4f13.1;tbs:lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:1

There's a few choices there, depending on what you are looking for.
Also Cape Henlopen State Park may interest you.
I don't live too far from the Seashore State Park, so wave when you go by the house. ;D

http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pages/eastern/assateague.aspx

The MD side of Assateague has camping for RVs.  Not sure if there is any size restrictions.  I believe they only have water available.it's been awhile since I read the website.  The dunes will block the ocean views and there are no trees for shade. 

You might want to look at Castaways.  Not ocean front but there is a small beach on the bayside and a few spaces have a bit of a view of the bay.

Beware of the golf cart problem at Ocean Lake. Many hundreds of seasonal's and temp. renters, the carts cruise constantly. Water park is massive and draws families, so be aware of that. We camped there for a month last year to check it, we have been going to myrtle beach travel park since 2011. Ocean lake sites are small ( some at MBTP are also) but the beach is far superior at mbtp. Depends what you want, good luck. My 2 cents

Fort Clinch SP is one of my most favorite places, but very hard to get into.  Reservations open 11 months ahead of time and you need to click exactly when they open to even have the chance to get a spot.

Gamble Rogers SP south of Flagler Beach is much more noisy because of the busy highway right behind it, but the view of the ocean is superb.  Do NOT try to stay there during Daytona Bike Week, as thousands of motorcycles go past on the highway each hour, even very late into the night.  Same problem getting a reservation as Fort Clinch.

And ditto on Bahia Honda SP in the Keys.  All of these places are hot and humid in summer, and in winter, you might want to try slightly earlier in the fall or later in Spring.  Big advantage to thee ocean-front state parks is cost--about $28 per night for Clinch and Gamble Rogers, and maybe $33 for Bahia Honda.  This compares to $100-150 per night for commercial campgrounds, which explains why they are so hard to get into.

Myrtle Beach has several RV parks that are on the ocean.  Myrtle Beach is a busy and crowded place during the warm season and all the parks are busy and full from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  Ocean Lakes, Lakewood, Pirate Land, Myrtle Beach Travel Park and Apache are all located on the ocean.  They all pack them in pretty tight so only those folks on the front rows can actually see the ocean. 

We like Ocean Lakes but never go during their most busy times.  Folks either love it or not.  We go in late fall and sometimes early spring.  There is a lot to do in Myrtle Beach and the surrounding area.  If you prefer more remote and less commercial ocean side RV parks, Emerald Isle, NC and the Outer Banks may be more to your liking. 

Not the east coast per se as it's the west coast of FL, and not sure if you just want a water view with no real beach swimming, but...

We like Ho Hum RV Park in Carabelle FL in the lower panhandle. There isn't a swimming beach, so if that's what you're after, it won't work, however I think there's swimming nearby. The Tier A sites drive straight in to face the gulf, so your view is out your front windshield. When the tide is out, you (and the dog) can walk the shoreline.

It's a no frills RV park that is soooo relaxing. There's a pier for fishing. No kids under 17 allowed.

We've been to Myrtle Beach Travel Park several times and love it. Site 96 or 97. There's an opening in the sand dune right there so it makes it easy to get to the beach. At a super high tide, the water will come right up to the site. The site is elevated so is doesn't flood over. They have a indoor pool for wintertime swimming and a huge outside pool for the summer along with a lazy river for just floating in a inner tube.

Back
Top Bottom