Pioneer Stereo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Hi All, my 2003 Coachman Class C has a Pioneer stereo. It has the back up camera feature which can view while driving which is nice. under "settings" it says that there is an Auxiliary input. Unless I am blind I do not see it. I have been looking for a manual for this stereo online but I have not been successful in locating one. Question: Is there a chance that there is an auxiliary input in the rear of the unit? I would like to use the auxiliary for my Sirius satellite. If I knew how to take the darn thing out of the dash to look at it I could simply do that, but whenever I start doing stuff like that I end up doing more harm then good. Thanks for your time everyone.

Mike

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVH-280BT_OwnersManual101915.pdf

This is the unit in my motor home. I need to pop it out of the dash so that I can put an aux Jack into the back of the unit. I just don?t know how to remove the unit from the dash.

My Pioneer is different than yours however I too have an "AUX".. but it's not there, exactly.

NOW: In your case I strongly suspect you will find the input on the back of the unit.

Mine there is a squarish "hole" with as I recall 4 pins (may be more) and Pioneer (And a 3rd party) company sell a box with a cord and plug that fits in said hole.... THe box I have has a pair of RCA (Phono) jacks Red and white, just like your Audio Video gear, AUX IN.

With the box plugged in I can "Turn on" aux, then I play Mini-Discs or my cell phone's MP3 Collection via the Dash radio

Other options exist as well.. like a Multi-CD player and so on that can be plugged into the same hole, they daisy chain as well.  Works too.

Oh... Took me a while to figure this out but... If I am playing MP3.s or streaming audio using the cell phone with the MAPS app operating and giving me directions.. When "Lola" (I like the name Robin Williams gave his GPS) talks, it mutes the entainerment audio so I clearly hear "Turn Right in 1000 feet" or whatever the instruction is.

BUT.. I have to keep power to the phone and I can not use "Dash power" I have to invert and convert.. Or I could buid an Isolation interfact (and may some day) but that's another device.

I have a Pioneer that I need to remove.  I don't have the "keys" to get it out.  It's a fancy touch screen with more bells and whistles than this ol cowboy can handle, I can't get it to tune into a radio station without much effort.  My solution, buying another Pioneer to replace it without all the fancy stuff, just a knob and a few buttons, but I'll get the "keys" with the new one.  Aux and USB on the front panel  :) . Oh, by the way, I have the manual to the existing unit which is as confusing as the unit itself.  I understand two butter knives can be used instead of the Pioneer keys.

Back
Top Bottom