AC Thermostat doesn't turn off AC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mizmac

We have a Dometic Roof AC Model B59516.71X and a Dometic Single Zone LCD Thermostat which controls AC, heat strips & heater.  We run it every month or so during the off season if we aren't using it.  Everything was fine in early March.  Turned it on during our trip the end of March and the AC (compressor) runs fine and cools fine - but won't shut off when the temp is reached.  Got home and tried again, but same thing.  2 1/2 years old, so just out of warranty.  I have scoured the manual and found nothing.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas before I call the repair man.

Might not be broken.

I have similar scene. My runs nonstop but the compressor cycles on and off as needed. So there is always fan noise.

Mine has an auto option on the thermostat. That allows the fan to go up and down in speed based on cooling needed or not needed.

Found a YouTube on the thermostat.  Evidently, at some point in time, the "Fan" setting was changed from Auto to Low.  Therefore, fan never shut off unless AC turned off.

We run ours with the fan running all the time when when its warm enough to need the AC at night while we're sleeping.  It provides a constant noise that helps me sleep.  The AC cycling on and off tends to wake me up.  I'm not a deep sleeper.  I don't even notice the compressor cycling if the fan is running constantly.

Back
Top Bottom