tiffin allegro LEAN and ROUTE to red bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdq

hi everyone

our 2015 tiffin allegro open road 36la has a lean on the driver's side. dealing with our local dealership, they have worked with tiffin (diagnosing, taking measurements, etc) and now parts ("wedges") have been sent from tiffin to the dealership. the local dealership has never done this repair before and indicated that ford would be the one to do the service repair.

i am thinking that perhaps this work is best done at the tiffin factory in red bay. two immediate questions....

1. has any one else thad this problem and what was the repair?

2. has anyone done the trip from the vancouver area (british columbia) to tiffin in red bay and what was your route?

thanks everyone!
cheers, pdq

I'm skeptical that a Ford shop would be willing to do that either, but maybe one of the Ford dealers that specializes in their medium duty trucks would tackle it.  And might I ask if Tiffin is paying for this shimming fix?  Cause Ford certainly will not and the labor involved is likely to get expensive.

I've heard of a few rigs that had a pronounced lean right from the factory, usually a simple case of extreme uneven weight distribution.  I'm not sufficiently familiar with a 2015 Ford F53 chassis to guess just how the suspension can be shimmed to raise one side, but if Tiffin is sending shims they probably have a procedure in mind as well. Contact the factory in Red Bay and ask them if they will be providing the instructions as well.

It's a long way from Vancouver to Red Bay - on the order of 2500 miles. Too many choices of route to make a meaningful suggestion. I'd want to combine it with a pleasant RVing venture and not just take a least-time trip, so I would sight-see along the way.  Probably the most direct route is to head down US I-5 and get to I-90, then east to I-29 and south to I-70 and east again on I-55 until in the region of Red Bay.  But there are so many possible variations using the US Interstate system that picking one is mostly a matter of personal choice.

hi Gary. thanks for the reply - it is appreciated.
yes, the ford shop is a truck shop (and they do motorhome work).
and yes, tiffin is paying the shot (the parts have already arrived).
as for the drive, we full time and were planning a trip east this summer - but maybe that will be a trip east AND south :)
again, thanks.
cheers,
pdq

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom