gas millage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floyd2u

Will A class a get A little better millage than an classC as class A is more streamlined ???

I doubt it, a class a may be more streamlined, but they are often much.. BIGGER.

Waxing will improve MPG.  But.. Well you have heard of FOX (Faux, same prouncnation -= Phoney) news?

Friday I took about 1 minute of Fox News, the weather report.. "Next chance of Rain Monday" they said.

So I washed the MOTOR home, planning on waxing it today..... Right.. 
It's raining.

Short answer: NO

The main factors are frontal area (wind resistance) and tire rolling resistance, which increases with tire size and vehicle weight.  A Class A doesn't have an advantage with either of those.

I have never heard of a class A referred to as "streamlined" even in comparison to something else.  The only thing that could make mine catch more wind is if we towed a parachute behind it.

KanT I have to agree

What a week Mon and Tue when I planed on cleaning, Was too far out of it due to a cold (that's what I get for letting my doctor talk me into a vaccination I suspect, Timing is perfect).

Wed was shopping day  So i'm on the road to/from and in stores all afternoon.
Thu I finally got up on the roof with mop. bucket, van-wash brush (long handled car wash brush) hose w/sprayer (Simonize wand) and cleaner. Got it done in one Usually I have to pause for a bit and sit half way through... (One trip but split job.

Friday I did the sides/front/Rear (Same bucket, brush, cleaner, hose, sprayer but HOT water this time)  Now in the past that has been a mixed bit sometimes I do it in one, sometimes two, but my feet never leave the ground.

Today I got 'er waxed, front to back and back to front.. Usually that is a 2 day job

Tomorrow. Church

Monday: Rain
Tuesday Re-Wax front cap.

Why all the work and wax.. As I said above, I will save about 30 gallons of gas in the next week thanks to all that work... A very good savings.

Oh the joy of resting ...  I am kind of amazed I got it done in one day though.  I took regular breaks but still one day.. And muscles not overly sore.

Oh.. what happens Wed.. I leave Upstate SC headed to Eastern lower Michigan via Maryland. (Taking slight detour this time)

Back
Top Bottom