basement air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dogsgone

my basement air works fine on auto low a/c .the problem is when i put it on high auto a/c works fine except once it gets to room temp that i want the compressors cut off as normal but the fan in coach keeps running wont shut off.on low works perfect. checked by the circuit board for any loose wires found one loose and burnt on rely replaced it and it still does the same thing any help appreciate

Last year we were having a discussion on basement air problems and a fellow with the screen name of Island Guy sent me this contact info for a person who could help.  He works with the basement systems (Coleman I think).

"(316) 832-4357 don't pay any attention to the "only for qualified technicians"
Eric is a nice guy...."

Bill

From what I have read elsewhere, HIGH FAN forces it to run non-stop like that.  Does the thermostat have an AUO setting? That's what lets the fan cycle along with the compressor.

To help us give better advice, what RV year/make/model and what thermostat do you have?  The basement air unit will be a Coleman Mach cause that was the only one available for RVs.

I do not know which operation is normal for your unit, but, You seem to know where the fan relay is, because of the burned connection which indicates overheating for some reason. Could you check the 12 volt coil on this relay to see if it has 12 volts to it and if the fan high speed is wired to normally open contacts. If on normally open contacts and no 12 volt to coil, it would probably be a stuck fan relay and need replacing.

dogsgone said:
its a 2001 winnebago journey the thermostat is coleman mach

Call the phone number I posted earlier and talk to Eric.  This has proven to be beneficial to a previous poster.  Eric works for Coleman and is very knowledgeable on the basement units.

Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom