rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: The first few months with your new motorhome?  (Read 2180 times)

Oscar Mike

Re: The first few months with your new motorhome?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 06:12:43 PM »
I'm picking up my new coach on April 27, 2018. I am a bit nervous as I am buying the coach sight unseen (except for photos) and a bit over 600 miles away. It is my third new coach in about a ten year period. I am hoping that the coach is as I have been told, and that my PDI and associated repair list is short.

After I pick up my coach I will spend the weekend at a local RV park and if anything is wrong I'll be at the Dealer first thing Monday morning, or traveling home if everything checks out.

jymbee

• ---
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2018, 10:29:05 AM »
I'm picking up my new coach on April 27, 2018. I am a bit nervous as I am buying the coach sight unseen (except for photos) and a bit over 600 miles away. It is my third new coach in about a ten year period. I am hoping that the coach is as I have been told, and that my PDI and associated repair list is short.

After I pick up my coach I will spend the weekend at a local RV park and if anything is wrong I'll be at the Dealer first thing Monday morning, or traveling home if everything checks out.

Ah, I can just imagine the anticipation as that date crawls nearer!  :) Good luck and be sure to come back here and post how things turn out!

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2018, 10:58:47 AM »
Beautiful coach!!! But... do not be too surprised if some 'snooty' RV parks refuse to let you in. They seem to have a thing about class B's not being class A's....
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

Oscar Mike

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2018, 12:28:11 PM »
Beautiful coach!!! But... do not be too surprised if some 'snooty' RV parks refuse to let you in. They seem to have a thing about class B's not being class A's....

I see it this way...my money will spend down the street from Snootyville RV Park too.

Oscar Mike

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2018, 12:34:12 PM »
Ah, I can just imagine the anticipation as that date crawls nearer!  :) Good luck and be sure to come back here and post how things turn out!

Crawls is right, I was supposed to pick up the coach yesterday, however we had a birth in the family this week (twins) and my namesake had a difficult first 48 hours. Now that he is on the right road, I can go get my Motorhome.

It's been about three years of looking, looking, and more looking, followed by more looking, and comparing.

WILDEBILL308

• ---
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »
That is the fun of it. Now you are getting what you want. Have fun and let us know how the trip went.
Bill
2003 Bounder 38N
300 HP 5.9 Cummins
Allison 3000MH Trans.
Towing 2014 Honda CRV
Home base Fort Worth, Texas
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain-

Oscar Mike

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2018, 06:25:39 PM »
My first week with my new motorhome has been quite interesting. First of all it fits next to the shop in 3/4 shade throughout the afternoon. Secondly it doesn't fit up the driveway...ouch!$! The driveway and road surface in the Cul-De-Sac are both sloping creating a nice wedge that my 39' motorhome misses by about 8'. We are looking at two options, both fairly expensive but they are long term solutions.

I've made a few repairs, such as the stackable washer/dryer needed to be refastened into its cubby. The turn signal cameras were wired such that the left turn signal activated the right camera and visa versa. I contacted Dynamax directly who responded within a 24 hour period who misdirected me to two different locations looking for the video box (splitter). It was in neither of those locations, and me being the simple person that I am thought to myself where would a video box be. So I look in the video cabinet above the passenger's seat and there it was. I changed the labeled cables and put them into the correct labeled ports and another fix was under my belt.

I met with the concrete contractor today too... gulp!!! 

jymbee

• ---
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2018, 09:36:59 PM »
Secondly it doesn't fit up the driveway...ouch!$! The driveway and road surface in the Cul-De-Sac are both sloping creating a nice wedge that my 39' motorhome misses by about 8'. We are looking at two options, both fairly expensive but they are long term solutions.

Seems pretty obvious to me-- you just have to buy a new home with enough space to accommodate your new rig!  ;D