Forest River 2019 FOREST RIVER WILDWOOD LODGE 4002Q Destination Trailer 43ft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelticdestination

Hello everyone newly retired and looking at trailers to use for May to Oct season this one popped up  and I guess its a destination trailer. It has 2 queen bedrooms which would work well for us. I was wondering how is Forest River reputation in the RV community ? I was looking to see if others have looked into this option. ty in advance, Kevin

Welcome to the Forum!

First, you said this is a Destination model.  To make sure we are on the same page, this means it is designed to be taken to a campground or other semi permanent site and set up for an extended period of time - years.  It is not designed as a "TRAVEL Trailer".  For a permanent, i.e. all summer setup, they are what you would want.

Forest River and Thor are the two primary camper / RV manufacturers in the US.  Both are conglomerates who produce multiple lines and nameplates.  Neither would be considered high quality.  Both are main stream producers.  It is good as the next one.  There are a few better quality manufacturers, but they are smaller and more expensive.

For any camper, destination or otherwise, the MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IS FLOOR PLAN.  If you do not love the floorpan, keep looking!

We are on our second Wildwood, but not the Lodge. Ours is a 39 footer with a Queen at each end.
Our story:
Our first one was a 2017 which we put on a permanent site in the Florida Keys. We were in it all last winter. It was the worst lemon that that you could imagine, and I could fill several pages with the major problems including seven different pipe joints coming apart. I vowed I would never buy another Forest River again as long as I lived.
Along came Hurricane Irma and saved the day for us by totaling it. We had full coverage from Progressive so we bought another new 2018 from the same dealer. I went back on my words and bought another Wildwood, I won't go into the details why, but on this one we custom ordered it with modifications and had to wait for it to be built and it came direct from the factory.
We have been in it for the past five months and it is absolutely perfect with zero things wrong with it.

I found out that the first one came from the RV show In Hershey, Pa and I am guessing that Forest River sends their rejects to the various shows. (example: on the first one, the toilet was not in the cubby hole where you would think it should be and it not only caused the pipe to be curved, but prevented the door from opening more than a quarter way. This one which has the exact same bathroom layout has the toilet in the cubby hole. On the first one the Tech that just about lived with us found that the pipes were on top of the frame and then the trailer on top of them).

Good luck on your decision, but make sure the trailer came direct to the dealer from the factory.

jack L

Back
Top Bottom