Tip for poor radio reception

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobcl

Was doing the new owner thing over the weekend (still a working stiff Mon-Fri) and while inside, noticed the reception was not that great for a powerhouse radio station. Read previously from others about antenna connections not properly inserted. I pulled my unit out anf found the antenna firmly seated but also noticed a plastic film wrapped around the unit. That got me thinking and I pulled the antenna lead out...sure enough, the prong was wrapped in the plastic. I pulled the plastic off, plugged it back in and bueatiful reception?. Now if I can just get the brightness issue resolved...

Haven't used my RV radio for a long, long time since I use Sirius XM most of the time. However, I wanted to listen to a program that I could only get on AM. Worked OK but I discovered that when I turned on the lights that had been replaced with LEDs, there was so much static the radio was unusable. Is this common?

The static was what I was noticing which doesnt happen on all my other radios. Might be worth the check

Back
Top Bottom